Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #106
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The low battery notification is one of those things that seems to only work with kepubs (at least, I assume it works with those). My battery meter did get the 10% and 5% if I checked it, but that was of no practical use. By the time the battery got low enough to trigger that, it was only good for a few more page turns before shutting off.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #107
billroop
billroop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
You're not alone. My wife and I both have KTs and we're both having the same problem. I called Kobo Customer Service and the tier 1 support person wasn't aware of the problem - so she emailed the tier 2 support team. Funny that I couldn't just call them directly, but she said they had no phone! Anyway, I'm supposed to get an email back from them. If it was any useful information, I'll post here.
billroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #108
billroop
billroop began at the beginning.

Firmware 1.9.10 Download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellesfargo View Post
I had to revert to the 1.9.10 firmware as well because of the constant flipping out to the home screen and loss of the microsd content. I do not use calibre or any other software to add content to my Kobo. I tried a factory reset and allowed my Kobo to install the new update but the flakey behavior continued. I reverted and now my Kobo is stable again. I will wait until they figure out what is causing these problems before upating again. I have been very happy with my Kobo until now.
I'd love to revert to firmware 1.9.10, but I don't have a copy of it. Anyone know where I can download it?
Thanks
billroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #109
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=10
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #110
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
Since the newest upgrade the only problem that I have had is that the screen will be dead to the touch and will not turn off either. I really like my KT and it is just a small issue so I will just work around it.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #111
Shankill
Nameless Being

Just turned on my Kobo, and the number of read books in Reading Stats has dropped to 34. When I updated to 1.9.11, I had 35 books read. Since then, I've read at least three or four books. Occasionally, manually scrolling through the book to re-mark as read bumps up the number of read books, but it resets.

Actually, it more than resets. A few days ago, it said 36 read. Yesterday, it said 35. And like I said, today, it's saying 34. I'm trying to understand how features just keep getting broken with each update. Every time there's a fix for one bug, another completely different bug crops up.

sigh

Anyway, I also got my first network error today. This would be the third or fourth manual sync since updating to 1.9.11.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #112
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
The KT seems to determine how many you've read by which books currently on the device have the "Read" tag (which you can see in Calibre), so if you've removed or added any with that tag, it'll change the number.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #113
Shankill
Nameless Being

See, that's the thing. I've added to it. Like I said, three or four books which have been marked as read, both through the library menu and by actually reading the books, and they're not adding to the number of books read. In fact, it's doing the opposite.

Seriously, Kobo needs to have a system like these guys do for bugs and the like.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 AM   #114
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
Seriously, Kobo needs to have a system like these guys do for bugs and the like.
I like that link. We're about to do a massive re-install of systems at work and this could come in very useful. Thanks for the suggestion.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #115
Shankill
Nameless Being

No problem. I think Slashdot linked to it a while back, but a good friend just started working there.

Oh, how I envy him.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #116
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
The battery accuracy is going backwards for me. The KT was showing 50% battery remaining at the start of my last short reading session, and then it wouldn't turn on without a recharge when I tried to resume reading a few hours later.

But I don't want the Kobo team to think that all we do is complain.

I'm actually getting a lot of use out of the KT, and for the most part it works just fine. Several of my family and friends have bought one after trying mine, and I have no hesitation recommending it. The little firmware problems I've encountered are easy enough to live with so far. Perhaps Kobo could stand to shift their definitions of alpha-test, beta-test, and production firmware release a little, but I don't mind being a beta tester for new firmware revisions when it's my choice whether to update or not. I just try to avoid being an alpha tester for the first couple of days after a new firmware release now. Perhaps I'm a little more resilient than most people because I alpha-test new software products in my company.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #117
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Library books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
The KT seems to determine how many you've read by which books currently on the device have the "Read" tag (which you can see in Calibre), so if you've removed or added any with that tag, it'll change the number.
Awww. That means every library book I borrow would have to remain on my device though unreadable in order for my 'books read' count to not decrease.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote