Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Cannot get Developer download

I got an Iliad a few days ago and want to install FBReader. I have tried to get the Shell Access package with no luck -- I just get the message "nothing to download" when I connect after asking them to send it. I notice that the MAC address associated with my account on MyIrex has two extra "FF"s in the middle of it (the rest is correct). I've asked support to help, and they did respond, but haven't been able to fix the problem yet. I also registered again with a different email address, but that does not have any MAC address associated with it (probably because they don't want 2 accounts to the same machine). I'm writing in case anyone has any suggestions. It's frustrating not to be able to install a program I need. Otherwise, I like the Iliad a lot.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problems. I didn't write to iRex yet, I guess it'll be easy for them to just reset the MAC in their system.
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
sharpshin
sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad V2
The extra FF's don't matter.
sharpshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
MarkRPenn
Connoisseur
MarkRPenn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Are you using Safari? If you are the request will fail. Support are hopeless - even though they've been told, they A) do nothing to fix the problem, and B) leave you in the dark if you have the issue.

Mark
MarkRPenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkRPenn View Post
Are you using Safari?
Had the same problem with Konqueror; Firefox does his job quite well.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Thanks!

Thanks -- that worked. With Firefox, I got the message

The Development package has been successfully sent to the iLiad you selected. You need to connect this iLiad to iDS to download the package.

and then was able to download the package. With Safari, I never got that message and couldn't download it.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote