Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #16
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpparker19 View Post
So no issue with truncation regardless of font selected?
The Libre only has 2 fonts: BitStream Vera Sans & BitStream Vera Serif. None reading at 200% zoom with reflow on.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #17
lele
lele began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, itouch, PRS 600 & Kindle2
Can it be used outside like an e ink reader?
lele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #18
brecky
brecky began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre pro
Libre Pro

[QUOTE=Nate the great;704282]No, it's not just a Jetbook. The Libre is actually the better deal. Aluratek released a firmware update that includes Adobe DE support. This means you can buy DRMed ebooks without having to remove the DRM.

re the firmware update that includes Adobe DE support meaning one can buy DRMed books w/o having to remove the DRM? Is this corrent? The one I just bought has V15. Is there are newer update. I guess I just hook up to the Aluratek web site & update that way? Thanks for your help. I was just told by my local library that Libre does not accept DRMed books, so I'm confused.....
brecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #19
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecky View Post
I was just told by my local library that Libre does not accept DRMed books, so I'm confused.....
Maybe the library uses a list of supported devices that doesn't include the Libre, but yes, it does read Adobe DRM pdf and epub formats (not DRM mobi/prc, though).

I'm still on the V15 firmware, that will work with DRM files out of the box.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote