Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #1
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Device: PocketBook 360
PRS-950 in Florida?

Anyone know of a 950 anywhere in South Florida that might still be available? I've been to three stores and there were none available in any of them. At $199, I would certainly snag one if I could find one.
JohnnyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Look it up on Best Buy's website. You can punch in your zip code & it'll show you stores with quantity or not. If you find one that shows one is available make sure you call them to see if they actually do and have them put it aside for you.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I don't know where you are in South Florida but I can tell you that the Coral Springs store does not have any as we bought the last one.

I would just go through the store locator on the website and call each store somewhat near you. Saving $100 is worth a few calls, right?
revfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
JohnnyRocks
Zealot
JohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-booksJohnnyRocks has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Look it up on Best Buy's website. You can punch in your zip code & it'll show you stores with quantity or not. If you find one that shows one is available make sure you call them to see if they actually do and have them put it aside for you.

Not quite that easy, as the 950 is not ON their website any longer. Of course, if it were, it would be really easy to find a store that had one.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocks View Post
Not quite that easy, as the 950 is not ON their website any longer. Of course, if it were, it would be really easy to find a store that had one.
Their customer care department *might* have access to inventory levels in stores by location.

Code:
For round-the-clock assistance, call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST-BUY
(1-888-237-8289)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Does anyone have their internal sku number?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRocks View Post
Does anyone have their internal sku number?
Model: PRS-950SC
SKU: 1238487
UPC: 027242807662
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

thanks sooooooo much
Old 06-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #9
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

Not one single store in the state has one left. Wow.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #10
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Wow, I wonder if they can order it sent from a store out of the state? I went to my 2 different BBs each twice before I found someone willing to take the time to order the 950 from another store, although this store was in the state. I can understand the clerks not wanting to do it since I was waiting with the chick at the CS counter for half an hour while she was trying to get someone from the other location to approve a transfer. They kept putting her on hold so they could talk to a manager that I swear she had to tell them 5 times that she only needed one, not all three they had in stock. Still, I should be able to get mine tomorrow :happy dance: so be persistent, eventually you may find someone who says yes to getting it ordered to your BB.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #11
JohnnyRocks
Zealot

If anyone knows of a store in their area that has one, I would be greatly appreciate it, if I could have the store location number, so that I can inquire as to having it shipped down to me.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Store # 1023 in Sherman, TX has 2 more that I know of. I went in last week to get one trasferred on maybe Thursday or Friday and it arrived at my store via UPS this afternoon. The transfer did feel a bit mickey mouse from having to wait at the store for 30 minutes while the CS was put on hold, to her not entering the transfer into the computer and simply writing it on a pad of paper to the transfer slip being a handwritten note on a piece of paper taped to the box. Still, who can argue with results?
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote