Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 04:06 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Why should they be able to sell food if it is harming people?
Why should you be able to buy cigarettes? Or alcohol? Or candy? Or fatty meat? All available at your local supermarket. And all are harming people.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #17
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Why should you be able to buy cigarettes? Or alcohol? Or candy? Or fatty meat? All available at your local supermarket. And all are harming people.
And why shouldn't they be able to buy heroin, LSD, ecstasy and cocaine?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Good question. If it were me, they'd be able to. The more the better... Then it would be a problem that would solve itself
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #19
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
Does the government tell them how much fat/calories McDonalds can put in their food? I was not aware of that.

Or are you saying you object to the government telling McDonalds they must tell consumers what is in the food they sell?
Nutritional analysis does increase the costs of doing business but to a large firm like McDonald's they are negligible. The costs could hurt small businesses but they are usually exempt from the regulation.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #20
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Everyone loves to hate McDonalds, I've never understood it. They, like a lot of other fast food franchises, sell what people want, is that now a bad thing?

With all the other pollutants we breath or ingest everyday and then complain that McDonalds is evil and trying to sell us something thats not good for us. Where is peoples common sense? Do we need to tell people not to drink crude oil? No, not many people die every year drinking it and we shouldn't need to tell people that if they eat nothing but McDonalds for a year, it might not be good for them, but then again eating nothing but boiled organic cabbage for a year might not be any better for you. This is all nothing more than common sense, something we shouldn't need the government to do for us.

There was recently a bunch of people claiming that leaving a McDonalds hamburger out for a month the burger wouldn't rot. They claimed this was because of all the preservatives in the meat. Well it turns out if you go to the supermarket and buy a pound of lean ground beef and make a patty 1/8th of a pound, the same weight as a McD's hamburger, and make it the same size, guess what? It doesn't rot, just like the evil preservative laden Micky D's hamburger. Infact the hamburger patties are 100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders. It is quite possible that McDonalds has some influence over the USAD, but then if you believe that, you must believe that Area 51 is riddled with aliens. This could also just be that people love to hate McDonalds.

The argument that the government needs to step in and save us from making stupid mistakes is insane. Reminds me of the seatbelt or helmet law debates, it's just the government trying to control our lives, anyone stupid enough not to wear their seat belt or wear a helmet on a motorcycle are people that are to stupid to live a long life, let nature take it's course.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And why shouldn't they be able to buy heroin, LSD, ecstasy and cocaine?
It would solve a lot of problems, the people that are smart enough not to use them would live and the others, well think "Soylent Green" waste not, want not.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #22
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
There was recently a bunch of people claiming that leaving a McDonalds hamburger out for a month the burger wouldn't rot. They claimed this was because of all the preservatives in the meat. Well it turns out if you go to the supermarket and buy a pound of lean ground beef and make a patty 1/8th of a pound, the same weight as a McD's hamburger, and make it the same size, guess what? It doesn't rot, just like the evil preservative laden Micky D's hamburger. Infact the hamburger patties are 100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders. It is quite possible that McDonalds has some influence over the USAD, but then if you believe that, you must believe that Area 51 is riddled with aliens. This could also just be that people love to hate McDonalds.
what are you on?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #23
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
Does the government tell them how much fat/calories McDonalds can put in their food? I was not aware of that.

Or are you saying you object to the government telling McDonalds they must tell consumers what is in the food they sell?
No, not about saying whats in their food I highly agree that they should tell you whats in it, but come on banning happy meals or Ronald McDonald because they promote being unhealthy? I think that its demeaning to have the government tell me what I can and can not eat, I think I'm capable of knowing what I'm eating and eating what I want.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #24
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why should they be able to sell food if it is harming people?
Smoking is bad for you so is drinking are you a totally non-smoker and non-drinker? because both of those are way worse for you than McDonald's. (I more so mean heavy liqueur and I know it's only bad if you drink to much of it but same goes for McDonalds)
Old 02-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #25
The Terminator
Retired

And incase drugs come up in this I take the same stand as Stossel of fox (please don't kill me for saying fox )
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #26
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
(please don't kill me for saying fox )
No need to kill you...your soul is already doomed
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:36 AM   #27
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Throughout my childhood I ate raw rolled oats with a bit of sugar and milk for my breakfast... For lunch - most times a couple of pieces of ryebread with liverwurst in the middle...For dinner I had some kind of meat (small amount, and mostly mince), gravy and potatoes...

Saturdays we had our hot meal at lunchtime, which was what you guys call porridge... Cooked oats, a nob of butter (it was margarine) in the middle and some sugar on top..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #28
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
what are you on?
I'm not on anything, if you want to read more about it, take a look here or you could do like so many other people and not look for the truth but believe what anyone tells you. Just because your hair stylist's brothers sister in laws father believes something, doesn't make it true, it makes them urban legends until proven.

Again I find it unbelievable that people will believe just anything they are told,
Old 02-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #29
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I'm not on anything, if you want to read more about it, take a look here or you could do like so many other people and not look for the truth but believe what anyone tells you. Just because your hair stylist's brothers sister in laws father believes something, doesn't make it true, it makes them urban legends until proven.

Again I find it unbelievable that people will believe just anything they are told,
It's similar to beef jerky. Beef and salt when dried out correctly will last.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #30
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Exactly, I can't be the only one thats had dried beef or salted fish.

Jerky is a little different in that they use smoke and some heat to speed up the dehydration, but dehydration is what preserves the beef in both cases.