Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
clabot451
clabot451 began at the beginning.

Device: nintendods - motofonef3 - samsungz560
Best e-paper technology

I've a question: it is possible to have a resume of every e-paper technology available ?
I'm a neophyte and I'd like to know more about this aspect.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

PS: personally I've only seen e-ink devices or prototypes and I think it's a very promising tech.

Last edited by clabot451; 05-01-2007 at 05:40 PM.
clabot451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
clabot, I think there are various news articles giving a quick overview of current e-paper technology; alas, as far as I can tell, only E Ink has really made it into mainstream. So we definitely lack experience with the other technologies. It would certainly be a good idea to collect the information we got and summarize it in the Wiki.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Didn't we have a table somewhere showing off all eink readers at the time?

We could have a new one with ALL reading devices we talk of, accessed through the front page.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #4
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There are other e-paper technologies in the works beside E Ink. For instance, Fujitsu's e-paper which is based on cholesteric liquid crystals.

yvan is right, we should check if the table misses a reader or two.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thanks TadW!

We should also add other devices such as smart phones, PDAs and Nano!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert