Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Kobo Vox loses current book and place

A friend who has been using a Kobo Vox for years tells me that the Vox lost the book she was currently reading, and when she finally located it, it had lost her place. She uses the native Kobo reader. Has anyone else experienced this and whet did you do about it?

I just had something similar happen, but I use Aldiko on my Vox. When I returned to my book it wasn't in my Recent Reads and I had to scroll through the whole library to find it and it was flagged 'finished'. However, it was at the page I was reading. I think what happened here was I'd gone and looked at the last page, so it flagged it 'finished' and removed it fro my Recent Reads.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #2
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

No comments, huh? Turns out my problem was probably Aldiko. There were sone incompatible updates, but it's okay now. Nowadays the only problem I occasionally have is extreme slowness and crashes after using the Internet because of Vox's incredibly slow, underpowered processor. I now keep a $35 Android tablet handy for checking stuff on the web while reading because it boots faster than theVox can load a web page.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #3
DeathApple
DeathApple began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I used to have this happen.

The one thing that seemed to stop it from happening was during vox's start up, it'll show a loading or memory card symbol, if I did anything before those symbols went away/finished, I lost books or bookmarks.

Hope that helps.
DeathApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist

Thanks for the tip. It's a excruciating wait for the Vox to boot and load everything and I often try starting apps before it's finally done. I haven't used the Kobo native reader in years because I moved to Aldiko. But recent versions of Aldiko have been resource hogs and kept crashing. I went back to version 2. I also like AlReader.