Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #46
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
Thanks for the kind words, crich70. I sat down and got busy, and I'm about where I should be, after some futzing around with tools. I'm surprised at how much fun this is!

I'm going out to vote, then head over to a write-in at the local community college.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #47
LynnaMerrill
SF/F writer, programmer
LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LynnaMerrill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
I am in as well. I started late -- just like last year, just like during Camp NaNoWriMo in June. I won both of those, though, so hopefully I will finish 50k again this time.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #48
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Now that we're just about halfway through, how is everyone doing on their NaNoWriMo projects? I fell way behind when I hurt my back early in the month, but I've been writing like mad the last few days and have just about caught up to the pace. I usually put down a good 2k words a day when I write, but having to do it every day is a challenge!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #49
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Alas I've been kept busy by a unexpected source of stress. My bank called and told me someone was trying to access my bank account from another country so I had to change accounts, get a new bank card, new checks etc. and of course run round in cyberspace changing things over so those sites I do business with (like Amazon) had the right info. Of course I changed passwords and such on those sites too as an added precaution. Hard to concentrate on NaNo when something like that happens.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #50
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I'm managing to keep just ahead of the target. I'm up at 26,312 words so far.

Getting through that halfway mark felt great.

Graham
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #51
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
After a late start, I have caught up and much to my surprise, I have been keeping up. I'm currently at 26,469 words, before I do a single word of today's writing. I agree it feels great to be halfway home. It should all be downhill from here, right?

My main problem right is now I feel like the three Stooges did after the finished painting the floor: now that I'm stuck in the corner, what do I do next? Raymond Chandler would have some guys with guns show up at the door; I had the murdered victim come back to life. That's what I get writing when I'm more than half asleep; it seemed to make sense at the time. As for the former corpse, she has a bit of a headache, and she's awfully cranky at the moment. Really. All of the other characters are a bit scared of her, including me. I'm not sure how something like this could happen; I'm hoping the character will get around to telling me before 50,000 words.

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #52
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdimike View Post
After a late start, I have caught up and much to my surprise, I have been keeping up. I'm currently at 26,469 words, before I do a single word of today's writing. I agree it feels great to be halfway home. It should all be downhill from here, right?

My main problem right is now I feel like the three Stooges did after the finished painting the floor: now that I'm stuck in the corner, what do I do next? Raymond Chandler would have some guys with guns show up at the door; I had the murdered victim come back to life. That's what I get writing when I'm more than half asleep; it seemed to make sense at the time. As for the former corpse, she has a bit of a headache, and she's awfully cranky at the moment. Really. All of the other characters are a bit scared of her, including me. I'm not sure how something like this could happen; I'm hoping the character will get around to telling me before 50,000 words.

Cheers!
Maybe she has a twin sister and whomever the killer was got the wrong one?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #53
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Unfortunately, illness has significantly slowed me down this year, so I'll probably only make 30k. Oh well, at least I'll have the energy to finish the novel after November. In 2010, I made the 50k, but didn't finish the story arch and just collapsed in a heap from exhaustion - the novel is still unfinished. Perhaps I'll be able to write a full length book before the end of the year.

Good luck to everyone else.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #54
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I signed up, now I think I was delusional, especially since I have never written anything before. I sat down twice to write and then proceeded to procrastinate. Now NaNoWriMo is more than half-way through. Maybe I can chain myself to my desk this weekend and try to write and only write, and maybe maybe still have a chance of catching up.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #55
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Just popping in to say good luck everyone! Hope you all are moving right along.

Wow Crich that bank thing is like one of my worst nightmares! Hopefully they were unable to get in and did not screw up your finances/identity too badly!

Last edited by kennyc; 10-19-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #56
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks Kenny, I broke through 30k yesterday, but both my plot and my sub-plot need a bit of thinking about now before I commit to a particular direction.

(One of those "I know what happens in a few scenes' time, but I'm not sure of the way to get there" moments.)

Graham
Old 11-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #57
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Wow Crich that back thing is like one of my worst nightmares! Hopefully they were unable to get in and did not screw up your finances/identity too badly!
Thanks for the well wishes KennyC. Yes, they failed to get so much as a penny as my bank was vigilant (lucky for me) and locked my online access down before they could succeed in taking anything out of it. It was a bit of a pain getting important passwords changed over and updating info. with the new card, but it's all taken care of now (crosses fingers). One thing I did right after getting my new card was to invest in some new Anti Virus software. I had also run Spybot Search and Destroy by then as well to make sure stuff that may be infecting my system was cleaned out. No sense leaving a backdoor of some sort for them to try again I figured.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #58
Graham
Wizard

Wow. I did it!

Just hit 50k words tonight. Now the big question is whether I can finish the story before the end of November. It's pretty much a three act structure and I'm into the climax of the second act, with a shortish third act to come, so I'm in with a chance.

Graham
Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #59
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Well, this is the first NaNo I've ever failed. And I'm not surprised. You guys know me, and you know I'm not one to sugar coat anything. I've had a pretty poop-tastic past few weeks, and I think it really did hurt me this year.

Congrats to those of you who finished. Though I didn't make the 50K, I did manage to complete 95% of my draft. I'm already looking forward to getting back on my feet come the new year.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #60
Graham
Wizard

I wrapped up my story yesterday at just over 61k words.

There's a subplot I could shoehorn in to make things richer, but for now I'll put this away for a few months.

Wow. My first ever first draft of a novel!

Graham
Closed Thread