DAG began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
kindle fire printing

Can we print from fire. How?
DAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG View Post
Can we print from fire. How?

There is a program a called PrinterShare that will print to wireless, bluetooth, remote, and cloud printers from other Android tablets. This is an excellent App. I have it installed on 3 other tablets and it works nicely. I even downloaded it a while back as a Free App of the Day from Amazon. However, the Amazon App Store says it's not compatible with the Fire. I have my doubts about this because the App Store is reporting a lot of Apps as not compatible with the Fire when indeed they are. Opera Mini browser is one example. I'll download the trial version which allows you to print a test page and see what happens.

Here's the link if you want to try it for FREE:

http://107.22.220.113/download-android.sdf

You can download Apps for the Kindle Fire outside of the Amazon Store. To install Apps outside of the Amazon Store you have to set it up on your Fire. Touch Quick Settings, More, Device, and enable Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources.

When downloading Apps outside of the Amazon App Store, you will see a small pop-up in the Notification Area of the Status Bar at the Top of the Fire. If you touch the Notification you will see the download in progress. After the download is complete, touch it to launch the App installation package.

UPDATE: I downloaded the trial version and WAS able to print a test page from the Kindle Fire to my HP J6480 connected to my wireless home network. So it does work. You can purchase it directly from the developer using a PayPal account. The App runs around $12.95, however if you do a lot of printing this is a premium App you will definitely want to have.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-20-2011 at 08:22 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
If you have one of the HP eprint printers, all you have to do is emal the printer - it has it's own email address.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
If you have one of the HP eprint printers, all you have to do is emal the printer - it has it's own email address.
My crappy Epson has that feature or did. *glares at it* It decided to go belly up 2 months out of warranty. Doesn't want to print black anymore. Now I bought a Wally World special for $29 HP 1000 no wireless ability. I will never buy an Epson again.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
vernsh
vernsh began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
kindle fire printing

I successfully downloaded and installed the program but I did not see a driver for my Lexmark S405 printer. Is there a way forward or am I now DED?
vernsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernsh View Post
I successfully downloaded and installed the program but I did not see a driver for my Lexmark S405 printer. Is there a way forward or am I now DED?

The PrinterShare website says the Lexmark S405 isn't supported: http://www.printershare.com/help-mob...&group=Lexmark

However, all is not lost because it is possible that PrinterShare may be able to find your printer.

Select Menu and Nearby Printers (WIFI). PrinterShare should do a scan for the printer. If not, do a manual Scan using the Scan for Printers option. If PrinterShare finds your printer it should offer to download the appropriate print driver for your printer. PrinterShare may not have the exact driver so download the Lexmark driver recommended from the scan.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote