Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
luvsbooks
luvsbooks began at the beginning.

Device: ipad pro
Wink Moving mobi file to gmail

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my computer to a new hard drive and had to reinstall all my apps (including Calibre.) Now I notice that when I try to move a copy of a book in my calibre file into gmail, it always copies as epub - not mobi.

I have been clicking and dragging it as a .mobi file for years into gmail and don't know how to change it back to that setting.

I've been stuck for months. Can anyone help with this?

TIA!

LB
luvsbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Not sure what you mean by 'move a copy of a book in my calibre file into gmail".

Have a look at what you have in Preferences->Sharing books by email settings, in particular the Formats column for the gmail address

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2018, 10:41 PM   #3
luvsbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Not sure what you mean by 'move a copy of a book in my calibre file into gmail".

Have a look at what you have in Preferences->Sharing books by email settings, in particular the Formats column for the gmail address

BR
I've never emailed books via that function. What I do is physically drag the book from my calibre file into another tab which has my gmail open. It always moves a mobi copy over. Now it only moves an epub copy. I want to find out how I can change that in settings.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:05 PM   #4
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Preferences / Behavior / Preferred output format.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The default output format should be MOBI in th ePreferences->behavior, since drag and drop of a book will choose the output format when there are multiple formats available.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #6
luvsbooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The default output format should be MOBI in th ePreferences->behavior, since drag and drop of a book will choose the output format when there are multiple formats available.

Thank you so much! It worked! Appreciate the help!