Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #991
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: none
I'm syncing from GR to Calibre. On a handful of my books, the sync does not show a read-date from GR. These books do have a read-date in GR, they are on my GR "read" shelf, but when I sync from GR, the "GR Date Read" column is blank. I'm guessing this is more likely the API info than a plugin issue, but I'm not optimistic about GR fixing it.

As there are only a few books affected, I don't mind manually entering the date-read in Calibre - but every time I sync, the "blank" date in GR overwrites the read-date in Calibre, so I'd have to do it after every sync. Is there any way to tell the plugin to only download the read-date from GR if there is not a read-date already attached to the book in Calibre? Or does anyone have an idea for an alternative work-around?
dewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #992
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
I've also noticed that problem couple of days ago.
There is no workaround, plugin will need to add a check for that scenario (zero length / empty date string).
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #993
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Be aware that this problem can be related with a goodreads problem related to read date.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #994
sebastian
Wintersmith
sebastian doesn't littersebastian doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura One
Reading Progress not updated?

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my reading progress from my Kobo to goodreads. I see the progress as percent in my #kobo_percent_read column and I chose that same column for reading progress in the goodreads sync plugin. Still, the progress is not sent/updated at goodreads. Any idea where the problem might be?

Best Regards

Sebastian
sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #995
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
I'm trying to sync my reading progress from my Kobo to goodreads. I see the progress as percent in my #kobo_percent_read column and I chose that same column for reading progress in the goodreads sync plugin. Still, the progress is not sent/updated at goodreads. Any idea where the problem might be?
I haven't seen any problems, but I don't usually check after sending the progress to Goodreads. Looking now, the last three books I have finished have been updated correctly. And the progress updates while reading seem to have happened.

I will check again tonight, but, if you can run calibre in debug mode (right click the preferences), update the progress and post the log that calibre produces, I might be able to see what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #996
dewd
Enthusiast
dewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texandewd might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Be aware that this problem can be related with a goodreads problem related to read date.
Yes, I thought so, but can't figure out what it is that's affecting these few books.

I've worked around it for most of my affected books by deleting them from my GR shelves, then using the upload-to-shelf action for them. There are a couple of issues with doing this - they are minor for me, but I wanted to mention them in case they might be bigger problems for someone else:
1. There is a limit to the number of characters in the review text with GR/Calibre sync, so it might be necessary to copy-and-paste it (copy before deleting the book from GR!)
2. The "date added" on GR will be changed to the newly-uploaded date.
3. Any likes or comments on the GR review will be lost.
4. The date-started on GR will be lost.

Ideally, I'd like to see a "download read-date only if read-date field is empty", which would also solve the issue of losing first-read dates for those books which are re-reads. (I see a suggestion earlier in this thread for someone who is uploading to GR, but it doesn't help with sync'ing.)

Last edited by dewd; 11-08-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:47 PM   #997
sebastian
Wintersmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I will check again tonight, but, if you can run calibre in debug mode (right click the preferences), update the progress and post the log that calibre produces, I might be able to see what is happening.
Sure, here it is:

https://gist.github.com/sebastianw/9...44c6647ec68c9b

I just checked, the book is still at 40% at goodreads even though it should be 47%.

Regards

Sebastian
Old 11-08-2017, 06:09 PM   #998
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sure, here it is:

https://gist.github.com/sebastianw/9...44c6647ec68c9b

I just checked, the book is still at 40% at goodreads even though it should be 47%.
That log suggests it should have been updated. The last message shows the progress should be set to 47% and there are no errors reported from the actual call.

If you look at the book in Goodreads, does the status section have an update at the time you did this? Also, make sure that the edition of the book you are looking at in Goodreads is the same as the one you have in calibre.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:38 PM   #999
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewd View Post
Ideally, I'd like to see a "download read-date only if read-date field is empty", which would also solve the issue of losing first-read dates for those books which are re-reads. (I see a suggestion earlier in this thread for someone who is uploading to GR, but it doesn't help with sync'ing.)
Adding validation that the date coming from GR is not null so that it doesn't clear the last read date in calibre is reasonable, and I'll look at it. But, if you still have a book doing this, can you run calibre in debug mode, sync and post the log. I don't think there is enough debug logging happening to show me exactly what is wrong. I'm wondering if the date is coming down but it isn't being converted properly.

As to not syncing the date if it is already filled in calibre, I disagree. The "Date read column" in the configuration is for the last date read. Syncing from GR brings the last read date it knows about. Whatever the value is that comes from GR should replace the value in the calibre library. That is what the function is designed to do, so anything else would be a bug or a change in function.

If what you are actually recording is "Date First read", then you should either not be syncing the date read, or use a separate column in calibre.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:51 AM   #1000
dewd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Adding validation that the date coming from GR is not null so that it doesn't clear the last read date in calibre is reasonable, and I'll look at it. But, if you still have a book doing this, can you run calibre in debug mode, sync and post the log. I don't think there is enough debug logging happening to show me exactly what is wrong. I'm wondering if the date is coming down but it isn't being converted properly.
I've performed the workaround I described on all the books that were affected, but if/when I get another, I'll post the log.

Quote:
As to not syncing the date if it is already filled in calibre, I disagree. The "Date read column" in the configuration is for the last date read. Syncing from GR brings the last read date it knows about. Whatever the value is that comes from GR should replace the value in the calibre library. That is what the function is designed to do, so anything else would be a bug or a change in function.

If what you are actually recording is "Date First read", then you should either not be syncing the date read, or use a separate column in calibre.
Yes, I can see that. I'm not sure how I'd populate the "date first read" though, unless I was sync'ing *that* from GR, in which case it would still be over-written by a later date-read. Adding it manually would seem to be the only alternative. Am open to suggestions.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #1001
sebastian
Wintersmith

Quote:
That log suggests it should have been updated. The last message shows the progress should be set to 47% and there are no errors reported from the actual call.

If you look at the book in Goodreads, does the status section have an update at the time you did this? Also, make sure that the edition of the book you are looking at in Goodreads is the same as the one you have in calibre.
Hi,

no it does not show an status update at that time. It is the same book, I've linked them just the day before. Linking should make this the "same" book, right? On goodreads its this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-quantum-thief
Old 11-09-2017, 12:15 PM   #1002
sebastian
Wintersmith

Quote:
Hi,

no it does not show an status update at that time. It is the same book, I've linked them just the day before. Linking should make this the "same" book, right? On goodreads its this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-quantum-thief

Aannd of course it didn't. I found only one edition while linking so I thought it to be save to link it. But it was another one. I fixed it now by manually dragging "my" goodreads book in the link window and linking it to that. Sorry for the bother. I now know where to look when it doesn't work again.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #1003
ghi07a
ghi07a began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Error using Goodreads Sync Plugin

When using the Goodreads Sync Plugin to search Goodreads.com for a
book I get an unhandled error exception.

To reproduce:
1. Click the Goodreads icon on the Calibre toolbar.
2. Click "Link to Goodreads" from the dropdown menu.
3. In the "Search for Goodreads book" dialog box click the "Search Goodreads.com" button.

Here are the details of the error:

calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QUrl.fromEncoded(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

calibre 3.13 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 9, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1046, in search_on_goodreads
TypeError: QUrl.fromEncoded(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'unicode'

Cheers, Greg.
ghi07a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #1004
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Getting this since calibre 3.13.0 with goodreads sync

- try to "add to shelf"
- happens on some but not all items in my library (ePub or pdf)
Quote:
calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

calibre 3.13 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.2.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.2.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.2.0: Fri Sep 29 18:27:05 PDT 2017; root:xnu-4570.20.62~3/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
OSX: ('10.13.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 5) && Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List (1, 2, 11) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Sony PRS-T1 notes plugin (1, 1, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.config", line 1091, in authorize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 193, in get_request_token_secret
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 118, in _oauth_request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init_ _", line 684, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1451, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1251, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.oauth2.__init_ _", line 684, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1203, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1139, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 899, in connect
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 78, in _ssl_wrap_socket
File "lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 933, in wrap_socket
File "lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 542, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

if i manage to be able to "add to shelf" and then click "search goodreads" i get this:

Quote:
calibre, version 3.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory

calibre 3.13 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-17.2.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '17.2.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 17.2.0: Fri Sep 29 18:27:05 PDT 2017; root:xnu-4570.20.62~3/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.12
OSX: ('10.13.1', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 5) && Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List (1, 2, 11) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Sony PRS-T1 notes plugin (1, 1, 0)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1742, in handle_search_for_goodreads_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 445, in search_for_goodreads_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 156, in _request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1251, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1203, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1139, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 899, in connect
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 78, in _ssl_wrap_socket
File "lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 933, in wrap_socket
File "lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 542, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 12-06-2017 at 08:24 PM.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:37 AM   #1005
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm seeing this in an execution now:

Spoiler:

File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 486, in search_for_goodreads_books
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 157, in _request_get
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1470, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1270, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1470, in request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1222, in _request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 1158, in _conn_request
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.httplib2.__init__" , line 939, in connect
SSLHandshakeError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)

I guess goodreads has begun to use https.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads