Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
zarei
zarei began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus
Who Has Icarus Excel?

What's you idea about Excel 9.7 inch? What are advantages and cons?
I saw from internet surfing that it has delicate screen.
Some one said in amazon: "The screen didn't break as the result of a fall, it just stopped working as I was sitting in the bus reading an ebook on it. Maybe the repeated pressure of me touching the screen with the stylus was too much or something."
Is it realy?
I'm from Iran and if i buy Icarus i mast pay a lot of money.
Thanks in advance for your reply
zarei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I've never heard of it. It is not one the well-known brands.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 02:08 AM   #3
zarei

Dear Susan
Please look at
http://icarusreader.com/
Old 12-25-2014, 02:09 AM   #4
zarei

We don't have choices for 9.7 inch e-ink reader with touch screen.
That siza is similar to A4 paper and stylus is needed for our annotation. Do you dislike it?
But i don't know why famous brands wouldn't like to proffer which redear spec that i interst.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:14 AM   #5
zarei

I heard Icarus Excel is a rebranded Onyx. Is true? How is it`s qualify?
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarei View Post
I heard Icarus Excel is a rebranded Onyx. Is true? How is it`s qualify?
Some have said it is an Boox M92. The Icarus Illumina and Boyue T61 (wiki links) share the same hardware at least. They are all Chinese devices.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 12-25-2014 at 12:20 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
That's a bit confusing. The Icarus Excel is indeed a rebranded Onyx Boox M92, and the Illumina is a rebranded Boyue, but Onyx and Boyue are different companies, and so the hardware of the Excel and the Illumina have nothing common except that they are made in China.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
That's a bit confusing. The Icarus Excel is indeed a rebranded Onyx Boox M92, and the Illumina is a rebranded Boyue, but Onyx and Boyue are different companies, and so the hardware of the Excel and the Illumina have nothing common except that they are made in China.
Yes, that is the point. Icarus uses hardware made by others but not always the same.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
zarei

Thanks for your reply
Please help me about fracture of icarus screen. Do you hear anything?
How is resustance of other brand due to stylus pressure?
Why famous brand don't present 9.7 inch touch screen?
Old 12-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #10
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Because they don't sell very well.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Because they don't sell very well.
For a 9.7" screen Reader, the prices are high and more people prefer to get a tablet with a similar screen size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote