Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 08:26 PM   #2791
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
To be fair, that's an extremely odd Kindle-specific quirk .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #2792
romaje
romaje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1 (EY21)
I followed the instructions, first installing Python, then installing the Screen Saver tool and switching to cover mode. However, I'm always given the "Cover not yet processed screen".

Enabling verbose mode gives me, S W failed to process cover, but I can't understand why. All my books are formatted/transferred through Calibre in MOBI format, their covers show on the tiled homescreen and appear also in the cover section when I select Go To > Cover.

Any suggestions on how to fix?
romaje is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #2793
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@romaje: Legacy M7 Mobi, Amazon KF8 Mobi, or both?

(I ask, because reaaaally old M7 Mobis are likelier to have borked metadata and/or no cover).

If you PM me the system log that'll be created in the documents folder by running the ;dm search command from the Homescreen, that *might* shed some more light on this, but I'll *probably* need a verbatim copy (i.e., from the device, not Calibre) of the book file, too .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:20 PM   #2794
romaje
romaje began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1 (EY21)
I'll leave this just incase anyone in future had the same problem. Python actually hadn't correct installed because MPRI was out of date - updating solved the issue.
romaje is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch