Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2017, 05:35 AM   #1
KonKon
KonKon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One (KA1)
Exclamation How can I enable beta features on Aura One?

Hello,
can you please please tell me how to enable the beta features on the Aura ONE??
thank you
KonKon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Do you mean the "Beta Features" page of the settings? If so, only the browser is available on the Aura ONE. With the earlier firmware, you could start some of them and use them, but with the change in the homepage, you there is no way to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #3
KonKon
KonKon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One (KA1)
First of all sorry for opening a new thread... I am using a tablet and did it by mistake.
Secondly, yes i have the KA1, updated to the latest firmware and the only thing being displayed in the beta tab is the browser. Could/should i roll it back to an earlier (which one?) firmware so that i can have chess etc. or is there any other way to have access to that content? I just got the device and do not have any access/option to the overdrive app as well. Should it be also displayed in the beta features tab?
KonKon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Rolling back will not help if you want Chess. That has not been on any of the Kobo devices for a while. It stopped working a long time ago.

For the rest of the beta features, none of the newer devices have anything other than the browser on the list. This started with the Glo HD. Kobo does not offer these games to the Aura ONE. Changing firmware won't change that.

But, most of the games could be started by adding an entry to the database that added a tile to the home screen. Tapping that would start the game. Kobo has changed the home screen and this is no longer possible. You can go back to firmware with the tiled home screen, but that will mean you are stuck there with no chance seeing new features or bug fixes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
Royalblue
Royalblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo blue
Found in the search: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279029

It seems you can activate it but it wont work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromark View Post
Using the same trick of editing KoboReader.sqlite as worked on the Glo HD, it's possible to reveal the "missing" beta features on the Aura One.

Solitaire (all variants) seems to work fine.

Unfortunately Sudoku and Sketch Pad don't. Sketch Pad doesn't clear the screen and Sudoku - the one I really want - just doesn't display properly.

Clearly it's got scaling issues (and I wasn't surprised to see that) but does someone more able than me think there might be a mod to the firmware that makes sudoku work with the higher resolution screen of the A1? It's interesting how Solitaire is fine - it must have been coded more flexibly.
Thanks
Royalblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert