Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Aluratek Libre (black) $139.99 with free shipping

DEAL IS DEAD price now $160

In case anyone is looking to purchase:

http://www.frys.com/product/6049268?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Last edited by uRwhatUr; 02-23-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: New info
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
There was a lot of discussion about the Libre Thanksgiving weekend because of Newegg's sale, but little about it since.

I wonder if those who have it have a high opinion of its firmware today.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
There was a lot of discussion about the Libre Thanksgiving weekend because of Newegg's sale, but little about it since.
True, I bought mine in December and I try to contribute what I can.

Quote:
As for me, I have a high opinion of the firmware simply because this is my first reader and have nothing to compare it to. It is more than adequate for my needs.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I, too, am enjoying my Libre, though the only thing I have to compare it to is an old Franklin eBookMan. I can easily see me turning into an ebook reader junkie, though, since it is such a neat gadget.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Quote:
I got a Libre from Frys a few days ago and I'm really happy with it. I like that it has both serif and sans serif fonts. Last night I successfully loaded an ebook I checked out from my local public library using Adobe Digital Editions.
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Nice deal from NewEgg for jetBook-Lite - $115 and Free shipping:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74356
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Nice deal from NewEgg for jetBook-Lite - $115 and Free shipping:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74356
I think that's the lowest yet!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
I think that's the lowest yet!
yes, the previous record was $117 (before X-mas)
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
question about ADE and SD cards

Question to podpeople or any other libre owners who have tried to download an ADE epub from the library or an ebookstore into your device. Do you have to download it straight into the internal memory of the libre first, before you can move it to the SD card? Or can you get ADE to move it straight to the SD card and will it work from there. I have a card reader, but ADE does not recognize the device. I don't know if I just copy the epub from my desktop and paste it into the SD card will the libre be able to read it.
Thanks.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #10
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petechan View Post
Question to podpeople or any other libre owners who have tried to download an ADE epub from the library or an ebookstore into your device. Do you have to download it straight into the internal memory of the libre first, before you can move it to the SD card? Or can you get ADE to move it straight to the SD card and will it work from there. I have a card reader, but ADE does not recognize the device. I don't know if I just copy the epub from my desktop and paste it into the SD card will the libre be able to read it.
Thanks.
I download ADE epub/pdf from fictionwise. ADE dumps it into "My Digital Editions" folder, I then just drag/drop the file into another folder and use GoodSync to synchronize my SD card ebooks with my PC ebooks folder. The Libre is able to read it just fine. I have only connected my Libre once to authorize the device.

Last edited by uRwhatUr; 02-21-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
Thank you for the reply. I did not know at first that ADE created a My Digital editions folder. I will try what you did, and drag and drop the file into my SD card using my multicard reader. I have done it before with other non-DRM files.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote