Notices

Old 05-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
Einsam
Einsam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD & Samsung Galaxy Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Einsam,

Inconsistent errors can drive you crazy!

Quick question to confirm what you've said: "Most books open without any issue". Are you saying that most books that have been converted from Kindle to ePUB open without issue? Or, is it just the books that did not need conversion to ePUB that open without issue?
Yes, I am referring to the Kindle Books that have been converted to ePub. I have had no issues with any books that have been downloaded from B&N or epub books sent to me by the authors (downloaded from Instafreebie or BookFunnel). The only books with issues are the books converted from Kindle and then it is less than 1 in 50 books.

Hopefully, you can see the reason for the confusion.
Einsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because the B&N Nook app is unusually bad even by the terrible standards of epub reading software. Use another EPUB reading app and you will be fine.

Or convert to MOBI forst, then convert the MOBI to EPUB. This will destroy any advanced formatting but is also likely to remove whatever is causing the Nook app problems in the book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2017, 10:41 AM   #18
Einsam
Einsam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD & Samsung Galaxy Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Because the B&N Nook app is unusually bad even by the terrible standards of epub reading software. Use another EPUB reading app and you will be fine.

Or convert to MOBI forst, then convert the MOBI to EPUB. This will destroy any advanced formatting but is also likely to remove whatever is causing the Nook app problems in the book.
So you are saying that the one APP that will actually open the book is the one that has a problem.

I Give Up - I seriously doubt if I can get an answer to my question, so let's just drop it.
Einsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einsam View Post
So you are saying that the one APP that will actually open the book is the one that has a problem.
I Give Up - I seriously doubt if I can get an answer to my question, so let's just drop it.
No I am saying that the NOOK app on the *device*, which has nothing to do with the Nook app on the *PC* is bad.

In any case, I am tired of trying to help you, good bye and good luck.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote