Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #76
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
One thing I do not understand. I load annotations in the new column, they are all there, but why I can not see them in the book itself when using calibre's view book?
Why I can not see them when I send book from calibre to some other device?
There are no standards for how annotations are handled; each and every device / reading application stores them in different locations / different manners.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I had same issue as iplers. However, after using the zip file and not the 1.4.2 (which is still last one visible from calibre) it is all working fine!
Good to hear it is working. I'll do the official release today which will also bump the version number and calibre will announce the update.
Quote:
I am quite new to this plugin and I have tried to find all the info reading messages in this forum. One thing I do not understand. I load annotations in the new column, they are all there, but why I can not see them in the book itself when using calibre's view book?
Why I can not see them when I send book from calibre to some other device?
Because the plugin doesn't work like that. The plugin fetches the annotations from the device, formats them nicely and puts them in the configured column. It doesn't do anything else.

There is no support in the epub standard for annotations. And the calibre viewer doesn't support anything. The viewer does have a bookmarking system, but only records a position and doesn't support highlighting or adding an annotation. When that function is added to the viewer, I'll look at adding the annotations to the book. Whether that will work or not remains to be seen.

As to getting the annotations to another device, it just isn't practical unless the devices use exactly the same annotation method. That means it would be possible between to Kobo's, two Kindles or two Sony's, but the plugin doesn't support this. To do that, would require collecting and storing a lot more information about the annotations then the plugin currently does.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #78
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That means it would be possible between to Kobo's, two Kindles or two Sony's, but the plugin doesn't support this. To do that, would require collecting and storing a lot more information about the annotations then the plugin currently does.
Can you suggest where I can find information how annotations, bookmarks, highlights are stored on kindle readers?
I expect there is also issue of how position is calculated in book. I assume there is no standard for that either?

-r-
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:01 AM   #79
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you suggest where I can find information how annotations, bookmarks, highlights are stored on kindle readers?
The plugin reads a file called "My Clippings.txt". That should be in the root directory of the Kindle when it is connected to your PC.
Quote:
I expect there is also issue of how position is calculated in book. I assume there is no standard for that either?
Yes, how the position is calculated is the problem. There is basically a different method for each device and format on the device. There are some similarities. Devices that use Adobe's RMSDK for epubs, probably have a similar method. My only reference points for this are the Kobo and Sony devices. When I compare what is in a Sony database with what my Kobo's have, I can see the similarities. I haven't looked at the Kindles much, so I don't know there.

If you want to look, the plugin is written in Python. If you can read that, you should be able to see how it reads the annotations from the different devices.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #80
ersesedi
ersesedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I have the 1.4.3 plugin. And it used to work fine. Now with the 2.5 and 2.4 version of calibre I get the following error and I can't extract the annotations anymore.

calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>MobiError</b>:Unknown book type:

calibre 2.5 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.16.3-gnu.pae-i686-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.16.3-gnu.pae', '#1 SMP Wed Sep 17 19:44:57 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Reading List && Recipe Reader && BigOven Recipe Reader && Save To Format && Quality Check && all recipes Recipe Reader && Modify ePub && Generate Cover && Annotations && Kindle Collections && food network Recipe Reader && Find Duplicates && Extract ISBN && Wiki Reader && Resize Cover && Goodreads
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 333, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 522, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
File "/tmp/calibre_annotations_plugin/Kindle.py", line 168, in get_installed_books
File "/tmp/calibre_annotations_plugin/Kindle.py", line 264, in _get_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/mobi.py", line 493, in get_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/headers.py", line 273, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/headers.py", line 301, in identity
MobiError: Unknown book type:

I don't know what Unknown book type. It's a .mobi file that works find on the reader.
ersesedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2014, 05:46 AM   #81
ersesedi

Also, while the link from the About links to this thread, the link from the Help links to the old thread.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:04 AM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersesedi View Post
I have the 1.4.3 plugin. And it used to work fine. Now with the 2.5 and 2.4 version of calibre I get the following error and I can't extract the annotations anymore.

calibre, version 2.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>MobiError</b>:Unknown book type:

calibre 2.5 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.16.3-gnu.pae-i686-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.16.3-gnu.pae', '#1 SMP Wed Sep 17 19:44:57 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Reading List && Recipe Reader && BigOven Recipe Reader && Save To Format && Quality Check && all recipes Recipe Reader && Modify ePub && Generate Cover && Annotations && Kindle Collections && food network Recipe Reader && Find Duplicates && Extract ISBN && Wiki Reader && Resize Cover && Goodreads
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 333, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 522, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
File "/tmp/calibre_annotations_plugin/Kindle.py", line 168, in get_installed_books
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/headers.py", line 273, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader/headers.py", line 301, in identity

I don't know what Unknown book type. It's a .mobi file that works find on the reader.
At the point the code is failing, it should be looking at all books on the device. Do you have something in your calibre library that is on the device and isn't a MOBI or AZW3?

I can't see any changes in recent versions of calibre that would cause this. Could you turn the deubugging on in the plugin configuration, run calibre in debug mode and try to fetch the annotations? Then post the log produced.

And the link in the help will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for spotting that.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:07 AM   #83
ersesedi

Quote:
At the point the code is failing, it should be looking at all books on the device. Do you have something in your calibre library that is on the device and isn't a MOBI or AZW3?

I can't see any changes in recent versions of calibre that would cause this. Could you turn the deubugging on in the plugin configuration, run calibre in debug mode and try to fetch the annotations? Then post the log produced.

And the link in the help will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for spotting that.
I have exactly two PDFs. Two AZW3, which are the dictionaries. The MyClippings which is TXT. And everything else is MOBI converted by Calibre from my existing EPUBs.

This weekend I am going to do what you wrote and come back with the logs.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:05 AM   #84
ersesedi

Wink

Here you go

Spoiler:
Code:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.5  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.16.5-gnu.pae-i686-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.16.5-gnu.pae', '#1 SMP Sun Oct 12 11:30:17 UTC 2014')
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads && Wiki Reader && Modify ePub && Find Duplicates && Resize Cover && Reading List && Recipe Reader && Save To Format && BigOven Recipe Reader && Generate Cover && Extract ISBN && Quality Check && Kindle Collections && all recipes Recipe Reader && Annotations && food network Recipe Reader
Starting up...
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 166, in __init__
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 180, in init_iaction
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 582, in load_actual_plugin
  File "importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
  File "calibre_plugins.savetoformat.savetoformataction", line 3, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.savetoformat.gui.prompt", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name NONE
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 582, in load_actual_plugin
  File "calibre_plugins.allrecipes_ebook.ui", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.allrecipes_ebook.main", line 18, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PyQt4.Qt
  File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.ui", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.main", line 18, in <module>
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited

Found device nodes: /dev/sdb1 None None
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 2 Set library information done, calling callback
Job: 2 Set library information finished
No details available.
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DeviceJob: 2 Set library information callback returned
Job: 3 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:    0.0 USBMS: dirs are: /media/Kindle/ documents
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: scan from root False /media/Kindle/documents
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: count found in cache: 83, count of files in metadata: 83, need_sync: False
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:    0.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: 3 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 83
No details available.
Job: 3 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.0865859985352
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
READING LIST: Metadata available: {'main': {u'device_name': u'Amazon Kindle', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-10-14T09:42:56.663306+00:00', u'calibre_version': u'2.5.0', u'device_store_uuid': u'8d541021-76da-48dd-933b-2d9f9cccdafd', u'prefix': '/media/Kindle/', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'location_code': 'main'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
DeviceJob: 3 Get list of books on device callback returned
No details available.
Started up in 41.96 seconds with 28675 books
No details available.
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads && Wiki Reader && Modify ePub && Find Duplicates && Resize Cover && Reading List && Recipe Reader && Save To Format && BigOven Recipe Reader && Generate Cover && Extract ISBN && Quality Check && Kindle Collections && all recipes Recipe Reader && Annotations && food network Recipe Reader

DEBUG:  330.9 AnnotationsAction:shutting_down() 
Restarting with: /opt/calibre/bin/calibre-debug ['calibre-debug', u'--gui-debug', u'/tmp/tmpSQCihu.txt']
calibre Debug log
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kindle Collections && food network Recipe Reader && Resize Cover && BigOven Recipe Reader && Reading List && all recipes Recipe Reader && Goodreads && Annotations && Quality Check && Save To Format && Generate Cover && Find Duplicates && Modify ePub && Wiki Reader && Extract ISBN && Recipe Reader
Starting up...
  File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.ui", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.food_ebook.main", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.allrecipes_ebook.ui", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.allrecipes_ebook.main", line 18, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.savetoformat.savetoformataction", line 3, in <module>
  File "calibre_plugins.savetoformat.gui.prompt", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name NONE
DEBUG:    0.0  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.3 (linux) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG:    0.0 libiMobileDevice:__init__() 
DEBUG:    0.0 libiMobileDevice:load_library(linux) 
DEBUG:    0.0   libimobiledevice loaded from 'libimobiledevice.so.4'
DEBUG:    0.0   libplist loaded from 'libplist.so.2'
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:init_options(disable_caching: False) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsDB:connect(db_version: 1) 
DEBUG:    0.0 AnnotationsAction:load_dynamic_reader_classes() 
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'GoodReader'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'Kindle'
DEBUG:    0.0   loading built-in class 'KoboTouch'
DEBUG:    0.1   loading built-in class 'ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt'
DEBUG:    0.1 AnnotationsAction:inflate_dialog_resources() 
DEBUG:    0.1 CompileUI:compile_ui() 

Found device nodes: /dev/sdb1 None None
DEBUG:    9.8 AnnotationsAction:on_device_connection_changed(Amazon Kindle) 
No details available.
Job: 2 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 2 Set library information done, calling callback
DEBUG:   10.9 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG:   10.9 USBMS: dirs are: /media/Kindle/ documents
No details available.
No details available.
DEBUG:   11.1 USBMS: scan from root False /media/Kindle/documents
DEBUG:   11.3 USBMS: count found in cache: 83, count of files in metadata: 83, need_sync: False
DEBUG:   11.3 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG:   11.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG:   11.3 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 83
No details available.
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.087012052536
READING LIST: Metadata available: {'main': {u'device_store_uuid': u'8d541021-76da-48dd-933b-2d9f9cccdafd', u'location_code': 'main', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': '/media/Kindle/', u'calibre_version': u'2.5.0', u'device_name': u'Amazon Kindle', u'date_last_connected': u'2014-10-14T09:48:59.101881+00:00'}}
READING LIST: Sync Now - force_sync= False
Started up in 27.20 seconds with 28675 books
No details available.
DEBUG:   55.2 AnnotationsAction:launch_library_scanner(updating library index) 
DEBUG:   57.0 AnnotationsAction:get_annotated_books_on_usb_device() 
DEBUG:   57.1  Kindle:get_installed_books()
DEBUG:  286.5 AnnotationsAction:library_index_complete() 
No details available.
DEBUG:  288.0  Book on device title: Gather Together in My Name
Python 2.7.8
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kindle Collections && food network Recipe Reader && Resize Cover && BigOven Recipe Reader && Reading List && all recipes Recipe Reader && Goodreads && Annotations && Quality Check && Save To Format && Generate Cover && Find Duplicates && Modify ePub && Wiki Reader && Extract ISBN && Recipe Reader

DEBUG:  472.2 ConfigWidget:populate_annotations() 
DEBUG:  474.1 ConfigWidget:restart_required(WARNING: To apply changes, restart calibre.) 
DEBUG:  477.5 ConfigWidget:restart_required(WARNING: To apply changes, restart calibre.) 
11:57:15 libtorsocks(4872): The symbol res_query() was not found in any shared library. The error reported was: not found!
11:57:15 libtorsocks(4872): The symbol res_search() was not found in any shared library. The error reported was: not found!
11:57:15 libtorsocks(4872): The symbol __res_send() was not found in any shared library. The error reported was: not found!
11:57:15 libtorsocks(4872): The symbol res_querydomain() was not found in any shared library. The error reported was: not found!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:18 AM   #85
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Drats, that didn't show enough. It doesn't see what book is causing the problem. I have attached a version that will display the full path of each book that gets processed. Could you install this, run it in debug mode and post the log?

Also, your debug log shows three plugins that haven't been updated for calibre v2. They won't be causing any problems, but, you might want to ask the developers about updating them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-Kindletest.zip (647.6 KB, 338 views)
Old 10-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #86
dijiajans
dijiajans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi;

I am a newbie on both on Mobileread and Ebook stuff.

I wanted to export annotations from my Kobo Aura to my Mac, and Google directed me to here.

The problem is: whenever I try to use Annotations plug-in, Calibre crashes. I couldn't even see the settings pane of Annotations plug-in.

And since I've just installed both Calibre and Annotations, they are latest versions. And I have Yosemite running on my Mac.

Is this problem something you are aware of? What would be your suggestion to fix?

Thanks
dijiajans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #87
Aldous04
Aldous04 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, Marvin for iOS
Hi

I'm trying to fetch annotations from my Kindle but I'm getting the same error as ersesedi.

Here's what happens when I run the file in 'Annotations-Kindletest.zip' above:
Spoiler:
DEBUG: 0.0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.3 (Windows) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsAction:init_options(disable_caching: False)
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsDB:connect(db_version: 1)
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsAction:load_dynamic_reader_classes()
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'GoodReader'
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'Kindle'
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'KoboTouch'
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt'
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsAction:inflate_dialog_resources()
DEBUG: 0.0 CompileUI:compile_ui()
DEBUG: 0.1 recompiling C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\anno tations_resources\dialogs\cc_wizard.ui
DEBUG: 0.1 recompiling C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\anno tations_resources\dialogs\new_destination.ui
Started up in 1.58 seconds with 931 books
DEBUG: 22.2 AnnotationsActionn_device_connection_changed(Ama zon Kindle)
Job:Job: 21 Set library information starteGet device informationd
finished
DeviceJob: 2 No details available.
Set library information done, calling callback
DEBUG: 23.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 23.0 USBMS: dirs are: H:\ documents
No details available.
DEBUG: 23.6 USBMS: scan from root False H:\documents
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: count found in cache: 42, count of files in metadata: 42, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 42
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.00499987602234
No details available.
Aldous04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #88
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijiajans View Post
Hi;

I am a newbie on both on Mobileread and Ebook stuff.

I wanted to export annotations from my Kobo Aura to my Mac, and Google directed me to here.
This is unlikely to do what you want. The plugin will read from the device and store the annotation in calibre, but it doesn't go the other way.
Quote:
The problem is: whenever I try to use Annotations plug-in, Calibre crashes. I couldn't even see the settings pane of Annotations plug-in.

And since I've just installed both Calibre and Annotations, they are latest versions. And I have Yosemite running on my Mac.

Is this problem something you are aware of? What would be your suggestion to fix?
When does calibre crash? At startup or when you try to use the plugin?
Old 10-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #89
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous04 View Post
Hi

I'm trying to fetch annotations from my Kindle but I'm getting the same error as ersesedi.

Here's what happens when I run the file in 'Annotations-Kindletest.zip' above:
Spoiler:
DEBUG: 0.0 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Annotations plugin 1.4.3 (Windows) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsAction:init_options(disable_caching: False)
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsDB:connect(db_version: 1)
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsAction:load_dynamic_reader_classes()
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'GoodReader'
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'Kindle'
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'KoboTouch'
DEBUG: 0.0 loading built-in class 'ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt'
DEBUG: 0.0 AnnotationsAction:inflate_dialog_resources()
DEBUG: 0.0 CompileUI:compile_ui()
DEBUG: 0.1 recompiling C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\anno tations_resources\dialogs\cc_wizard.ui
DEBUG: 0.1 recompiling C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\anno tations_resources\dialogs\new_destination.ui
Started up in 1.58 seconds with 931 books
DEBUG: 22.2 AnnotationsActionn_device_connection_changed(Ama zon Kindle)
Job:Job: 21 Set library information starteGet device informationd
finished
DeviceJob: 2 No details available.
Set library information done, calling callback
DEBUG: 23.0 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= None
DEBUG: 23.0 USBMS: dirs are: H:\ documents
No details available.
DEBUG: 23.6 USBMS: scan from root False H:\documents
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: count found in cache: 42, count of files in metadata: 42, need_sync: False
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: Finished fetching list of books from device. oncard= None
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= carda
DEBUG: 24.4 USBMS: Fetching list of books from device. Device= KINDLE2 oncard= cardb
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 42
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.00499987602234
No details available.
That log doesn't show any errors ate all. And it doesn't show anything from the Annotations plugin except the initialisation. What did you do and what are you seeing that is an error?

If you have tried to import the annotations and there was an error, could you go to the annotation configuration and select the debugging option? That way I will see more information in the log.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #90
dijiajans
dijiajans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
This is unlikely to do what you want. The plugin will read from the device and store the annotation in calibre, but it doesn't go the other way.

When does calibre crash? At startup or when you try to use the plugin?

It is OK for me to store annotations at Calibre if I can copy and paste manually to a word processor on my Mac. Can I do that?

And Calibre crashes when I use Plug-In. Here is the details:
  • When I try to read annotations from a book located Calibre Library, Calibre crashes.
  • When I try to go Annotations Plug-In settings, Calibre Crashes.
  • When I try to fetch Annotations from my Kobo device, Plug-In gives an error, but Calibre doesn't crash.
  • And I am able to see previews of Annotations when I fetch from my Kobo, without any error or crash.

Hope this helps. Thank you.
dijiajans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp