Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #31
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Went from one idea, to another idea, to calling the whole thing off this morning. Then I got up and wrote a couple thousand words.

http://nanowrimo.org/en/participants/antongully

Chase me, laggards.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
I've actually gotten started :-) My word count is not quite accurate though since I like writing a first draft by hand. But the notebook I have has 140 pages and I average about 7 words per line so with 21 lines per page that means one full notebook is roughly 20 500 words. So if I manage to fill two of them that should do it 8-) http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/anntro
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #33
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I haven't started. I ought to be starting now, but instead I'm getting some time in on the procrastination.

I don't have a lot of faith in my idea, which is pretty open-ended to begin with. I'm planning to tread water until the weekend, when I can chat to my local group and get a bit of energy going.

I often completely fail to plan anything, except maybe an opening scene and one major incident. A couple of years ago I ended up writing a book called The Incredibly Tedious Life of Arthur Dull because I hadn't had any appealing ideas by November 1st. (I did finish it, and his life didn't end up all that dull, but it's not a very coherent novel, and no one else will ever see it.)

I have also, in the past, threatened to write a Nano based on the output of They Fight Crime. I'm hoping it won't come to that, this year.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #34
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I mean to start writing later on today. Trying to decide whether to pursue some old story notes or just write something completely new. That, and getting some work done first.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #35
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, yeah - I'm hearing a lot of excuses and a bunch of talk about "notebooks" that nobody else has seen.

Get writing!
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Is anyone else have trouble with the nano site? I wanted to verify my word count (have done it for today) but keep getting error codes 502 and 503.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

I don't bother verifying, I just post the word count shown from my WP and paste the text into the extract area then hit save and it updates both. The verified word count only matters (and may only work) towards the end of the month - but in any event the site is being hammered right now.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #38
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Yeah, it's often a bit ropey for the first few days. I think it has actually been better than usual, this year, but I do have a bit of a time-zone advantage and miss the rush.

I just use the little box at the top of the front page to update my word count until I'm finished. My novel's usually in dozens of separate files until then, anyway.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #39
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Is anyone else have trouble with the nano site? I wanted to verify my word count (have done it for today) but keep getting error codes 502 and 503.
Yup, lots of them. The site is getting hammered as usual.

I'm up to 3800 already.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #40
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Either way I'm ahead of where I thought I'd be since I just got started around an hr ago. Scrivener says I have 1,685 words and Open Office says 1,706 words so even if it's somewhere in between I'm not doing badly so far. I had hoped to get started earlier today, but real life offline got in the way as it often will.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #41
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I thought I'd give it a go this year.

I'm just shy of 7,000 words so far, but have been procrastinating today... I've also got a week down in London coming up where writing opportunities are going to be few and far between, so I need to get ahead of the game.

I'm also trying out Scrivener, which I really like so far, and I've found that Write or Die is great for giving me a kick start.

Graham
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #42
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count

Write or Die got me through my first NaNoWriMo back in 09 but some of the stuff I would come up with at three in the morning while trying to beat the clock would give a madman a rough night's sleep.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #43
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Day three and so far I'm on track. It was a little hairy there for a while today with everyone home and demanding my attention, but I manged to hit my stride this evening. I've been pacing myself and doing just above what I needed each day so I wouldn't burn out, but I think I need to start doing extra during the week.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #44
gdimike
gdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't littergdimike doesn't litter

Device: nook classic, kobo Wifi, Kindle, Kindle Touch
Yup, I'm in. This is my first time, so be gentle. I started a day late and I'm already behind schedule. I have no idea what I going to write and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Why should nanowrimo be any different than the rest of my life? Cheers!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #45
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdimike View Post
Yup, I'm in. This is my first time, so be gentle. I started a day late and I'm already behind schedule. I have no idea what I going to write and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Why should nanowrimo be any different than the rest of my life? Cheers!
Don't feel bad Mike, real life has put me behind schedule as well. I'm going to have to do some fast typing to catch up to where I should be by now.
Closed Thread