Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
ThaDanus
ThaDanus began at the beginning.

Device: ipod Kindle app
iPod Kindle app: metadata

Hello,

I recently downloaded the Calibre program to edit my books' metadata, since they were pretty jumbled around in the Kindle app. So after a couple of hours sorting I'm all exited that it's finally fixed, uploaded them to the Kindle app on my iPod touch through iTunes since Calibre doesn't seem to support it, only to find out that nothing has changed in the title & author sorting.
Even though I set the author sort to last name first, and changed the title, all the previous titles show up in the Kindle app. Plus, it sorts it by first name.
What am I doing wrong? I tried copying the metadata along, but well, since all metadata files are called metadata it keeps replacing the file, and it didn't work for the one file I copied the metadata along with.

And just for clarification, I know that Stanza and iBooks is popular on the iPod, but I prefer the Kindle app, so it'd be a shame if I had to abandon it now T_T
ThaDanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
ThaDanus
ThaDanus began at the beginning.

Device: ipod Kindle app
Okay, nevermind, after noticing the "save to disk" option I wondered what it was for, found this thread and thus my problem was solved.

Although, I've set the 'author' field to [first name] [last name] and the 'author sort' field to [last name], [first name] (like, the author is Leo Tolstoy, and I've set the sorting field to Tolstoy, Leo), yet the Kindle app sorts by first name. Is this a flaw in the Kindle app or does the author sorting field just not work with it?
ThaDanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever

Last edited by david_e; 09-05-2012 at 05:35 PM.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote