Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #61
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks to you!
I use notepad++, and I found really strange that it works for my kindle (and for a friend's of mine) but not for yours!
Anyway, I changed the realease notes.

Let me know if you find any problem or if you have any suggestion!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #62
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
This bat file renames jpgs to increment numbers in file names according to order of their original names to adapt them to this extension (imagegallery)
(take a backup of your jpg's before using)

how to use it:
  1. move the bat file to the jpeg's directory
  2. double click it
  3. done
Attached Files
File Type: zip bulk renamer.zip (431 Bytes, 175 views)

Last edited by thomass; 03-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #63
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just added a landscape support for this app based on the work of fe26aes.

It just open another htlm page.
It works in the same way of the other except for this:
- in reading mode, tapping on a bottom strip scrolls down the page.

To use it, just extract index.html and rotation.html in /imagegallery/bin
(you'll have to replace the old index.html).

You'll see a small "go to landscape mode" in the app.

It isn't fully integrated with the orientation script because I can't run shell script from inside an html page (i.e. I can't set the orientation from inside the app) but if you set the orientation before opening the app, it works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Landscape.zip (7.0 KB, 167 views)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #64
fe26aes
fe26aes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I just added a landscape support for this app based on the work of fe26aes.

It just open another htlm page.
It works in the same way of the other except for this:
- in reading mode, tapping on a bottom strip scrolls down the page.

To use it, just extract index.html and rotation.html in /imagegallery/bin
(you'll have to replace the old index.html).

You'll see a small "go to landscape mode" in the app.

It isn't fully integrated with the orientation script because I can't run shell script from inside an html page (i.e. I can't set the orientation from inside the app) but if you set the orientation before opening the app, it works fine.
It works very well.
No longer would want is a good job.
Thank you very much
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #65
dir194
dir194 began at the beginning.

I'm using the sync extension,somehow the change doesn't work,it still add sub dir for Gallery as collection,so I look into the file.

I found it hard to understand what the "\" in "grep -v "\Gallery$" means, since the "\" already change to "-" in the previous sed procedure.
(also the \.sdr$ )

I try to change it to my more familiar form:
grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery/" | grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery$" and put all grep -v before the sed procedure
it works for me,and should be little bit faster too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
- sync_dir_collection.zip: for those who use collection sync extension. it contains the sync_dir_collection.sh edited to NOT add the Gallery folder as a collection
- gallery.zip: contains everything you need to add this to GUI launcher. Just unzip in /mnt/base-us/extensions/ and restart (usefull for 5.0.3 firmware)

Last edited by dir194; 03-06-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #66
dir194
dir194 began at the beginning.

forget it.. stupid questions…… mistake the \ to /
just use
Code:
find /mnt/us/documents -type d |grep -v "/mnt/us/documents$" | grep -v "\.sdr$" | grep -v "^$" | grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery/" | grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery$"  | sed "s/^\/mnt\/us\/documents\///g" | sed "s/\//-/g"  |  while read dir; do
and all works fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dir194 View Post
I'm using the sync extension,somehow the change doesn't work,it still add sub dir for Gallery as collection,so I look into the file.

I found it hard to understand what the "\" in "grep -v "\Gallery$" means, since the "\" already change to "-" in the previous sed procedure.
(also the \.sdr$ )

I try to change it to my more familiar form:
grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery/" | grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery$" and put all grep -v before the sed procedure
it works for me,and should be little bit faster too.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #67
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
You can do it faster if you do
Quote:
find /mnt/us/documents -type d -mindepth 2 | grep -v "\.sdr$" | grep -v "^$" | grep -v "/mnt/us/documents/Gallery" | sed "s/^\/mnt\/us\/documents\///g" | sed "s/\//-/g" | while read dir; do
A bit fewer "greps". You'll have to check for yourself, though, I just wrote that code without checking it on the device.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #68
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks for the interest!
I forgot to update this!

I'm currently using this command:

PHP Code:
find /mnt/us/documents -type d sed "s/^\/mnt\/us\/documents\///g" sed "s/\//-/g" grep -"\.sdr$" | \

grep -"^$" grep -"\Gallery" grep -"\-mnt\-us\-documents" | while read dir; do 
Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #69
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
3 remarks:

1. the two sed commands can be combined into one: ... |sed -e "s/^\/mnt\/us\/documents\///g" -e "s/\//-/g" | grep ...
2. your second-last grep is wrong. Should probably be "\-Gallery", not "\Gallery". \G is not a valid escape code
3. Your last grep is probably useless: you already replaced /mnt/us/documents by "", so there are no occurrences of -mnt-us-documents

"Probably" everywhere because I also didn't test it

Last edited by ixtab; 03-06-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #70
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks for the advices!!!

All i did is to add one more grep, the rest was the original code!

I edited index.html and rotation.html to use external js files.

I also edited rotation.html to add:
- adjust scroll: while reading, you can increase or decrease the scroll down by hitting the "menu". The default scroll is 600px. Increase and decrease change it by steps of 330px.
This means: you hit decrease ==> the new scrolldown is (600-330)=270px.
I choosed 330px because this was the perfect size for "3 strips page" comics like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/136/ratman72.jpg/

You can choose your perfect scroll size by editing the rotationJS.js file:

PHP Code:
function changeScroll (ele) {

scelta document.getElementById('adjustScroll').value

if (scelta == "more") {

scrollheight=scrollheight+330;
        } else if (
scelta == "less") {

scrollheight=scrollheight-330;
        }

menuOff();
    } 

- I removed the dropdown menu in landscape mode because the popup window appears in an odd place (not centered). This means that long folders list are cut.
I moved back to the old text input box. Just write the folder name in it and press "choose folder".
I know it's boring, but, afaik, I can't choose where to open the popup window.

**************INSTALLATION**************
As always, just replace files in /imagegallery/bin
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fixed rotation.zip (7.8 KB, 187 views)
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #71
cieplok
cieplok began at the beginning.

@silver18 Could you post full Image Gallery package with all modifications and updates? I don't want to read all posts to get it working.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #72
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cieplok View Post
@silver18 Could you post full Image Gallery package with all modifications and updates? I don't want to read all posts to get it working.
I think this app deserves a dedicated thread with an updated first post.

it is time to move
Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #73
silver18
THE NOOB

I'm going to open a new 3d as soon as I'll finish what I have in mind to do (general rewrite plus some interface improvements).

Sorry to delay this, but it really needs some improvements to deserve a dedicated 3d!

Till then, you can find the "core" here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=37

and the last update here (just replace files):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=70
Old 03-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #74
silver18
THE NOOB

New features added:
- speed up page turning
- new menu
- some code improvements to make the waf lighter

I'm currently working on:
- image processing (brightness - contrast - lightness) to provide a way of adjusting the image to suit the kindle's screen. This should be handy when you're viewing colour images.

Be patient, I'll release it asap!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #75
faithcraft
faithcraft began at the beginning.

Hi Silver18!, First of all, thank you for all ur work, the WAF work's great on my Kindle Touch... But i have a question!... For your next release, will it be necessary uninstall the previous version of the waf or is just an update?, and how do i uninstall the core?... (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=37)

Thanks dude!
Closed Thread