Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #16
Bananeweizen
Bananeweizen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Woah, I think I now found the capitalization issue: It is done by calibre, unless the plugin explicitly disables it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=11
Bananeweizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
@Bananaweizen : Oeps, thanks for notifying. I did not realize that changing the name in the code, would also change the name of the plugin.
(And that just because I did not like the capitalized identifier for the link;-)

Because I am not using the plugin myself and do the testing in my own environment, I don't use the update procedure. That is why I did not get any trouble with it. So thanks again.

About the title capitalization.
I took a closer look at my code, especially because goodreads returns without complete capitalization.
And yes, my code used a cleaning method of Calibre on the search-result and that function changes the captilization.
So you were right in that way, it is done in the plugin.
I made a dirty change, so now the original title of the website is returned.

(I did not noticed your second comment, but we concluded the same)

Please keep commenting, that's the only way to make the plugin more mature.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 12-09-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update 0.6.2 available at the start of this thread.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #19
Bananeweizen

I have been using this since some days now and it is working great. I think you have fixed all issues which I reported.

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 AM   #20
Bananeweizen

Found a minor issue: Search for ISBN 978-3-8338-3754-8, this will return "Gr%ef4e und Unzer Verlag GmbH" as Publisher, not decoding the German Umlaut.
Advert
Old 03-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #21
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananeweizen View Post
Found a minor issue: Search for ISBN 978-3-8338-3754-8, this will return "Gr%ef4e und Unzer Verlag GmbH" as Publisher, not decoding the German Umlaut.
Ok,thank you. I will give it a check.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #22
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Version 0.6.3
changes for using QT5 in Calibre 2.0
Old 09-25-2014, 02:18 AM   #23
SuiGeneris
SuiGeneris began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision
I love this plugin, and it works fine for me. Thx!

But there is one request, i would like to use the tags (Schlagworte) from BOL too. Is there a possibility to get them?

(the Tag-Cloud from BOL seems to be pretty precize)
SuiGeneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #24
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiGeneris View Post

But there is one request, i would like to use the tags (Schlagworte) from BOL too. Is there a possibility to get them?
I have added a function to retreive tags from bol.de.
New version 0.6.4. available at the the start-topic of this thread,

The function is related to the categories Bol is using on the websites.
Is that the same as you ment with "Schlagworte"?
Let me know if it is something different or if it doesnot work.

Otherwise Enjoy!
Old 09-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #25
SuiGeneris

Perfect!

I´ve tried the new Feature several times, and it is exactly that what i was asking for! Thank you very much for your quick response.

Therefor i´ve bought you a virtual beer via Paypal.

Cheers!

PS: "tags" in englisch are the same like "Schlagworte" in german. Probably "buzzphrase" or "keyword" are good synonyms too... However, it works fine!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #26
SuiGeneris

Pretty old Thread, but i will give a try.

It feels like the plugin does not work perfectly. maybe bol.de has changes in their api?

here is a detailed error meesage from the calibre metacrawler

Quote:
calibre, version 2.44.1
FEHLER: Keine Übereinstimmungen gefunden: <p>Es wurden keine Bücher für die aktuelle Suche gefunden. Versuchen Sie, die Suche <b>weniger spezifisch</b> zu formulieren. Verwenden Sie beispielsweise nur den Nachnamen des Autors und ein einzelnes, prägnantes Wort aus dem Titel.<p>Um den gesamten Log zu lesen, klicken Sie auf "Details anzeigen".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Joe Bausch'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9783548374901'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Knast'}
Using plugins: BOL_DE
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL_DE ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_DE took 1.9849998951
Querying: http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?f...eiter&sswg=ANY
BOL_DE url: u'http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?fi=&st=&sa=&sr=&sv=&svb=&ssw=&si=&sk=&sd=&sre=&sq =9783548374901&forward=weiter&sswg=ANY'
Error parsing BOL_DE id for url: u'http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?fi=&st=&sa=&sr=&sv=&svb=&ssw=&si=&sk=&sd=&sre=&sq =9783548374901&forward=weiter&sswg=ANY'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_DE.worker", line 248, in parse_details
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

Could not find title/authors/bol_de_id for u'http://www.bol.de/shop/home/suche/?fi=&st=&sa=&sr=&sv=&svb=&ssw=&si=&sk=&sd=&sre=&sq =9783548374901&forward=weiter&sswg=ANY'
Title: None Authors: []

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 2.02 seconds
The longest time (1.985000) was taken by: BOL_DE
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
what do you think?

Last edited by SuiGeneris; 11-15-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #27
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Pretty old Thread, but i will give a try.

It feels like the plugin does not work perfectly. maybe bol.de has changes in their api?

here is a detailed error meesage from the calibre metacrawler

what do you think?
The plugin is not changed for more than a year. It is most likely they changed their website. I am not aware of it because I do not read german books and do not use the plugin myself.

A quick look convinced me they changed a lot, and it takes time to update the plugin.
For example they show book, E-book and audiobook as one in the search results, with different links
Is there only one result, you are directed to the result itself.
Not to speak of the changed position of author/title etc.
I am very busy at the moment , but I will give a try.

With Knasy there is no description at all, so that is an extra problem (you cannot get what is not there).
Old 11-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #28
SuiGeneris

Okay, you are surprisingly quick!

I have tried several books, with different inputs (ISBN/Author/Title/). and in this case the Title "Knast"
Author "joe bausch"
ISBN "9783548374901"

This should be found:

http://www.bol.de/shop/home/sucharti...b-62e7526b466c

But however, i just want to know if you are still interested in "patching" your plugin.

So when you are quite busy, take your time and relax. it is not urgend in any way. Thanks for your quick response
Old 11-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #29
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:

So when you are quite busy, take your time and relax. it is not urgend in any way. Thanks for your quick response
Ok , I made an update version 0.7.0, available at the start of this thread.
I had to redesign the plugin because in a search with one result, the website redirects to the bookpage in stead of a page with search results.
When there are different forms of a book : Taschenbuch,ebook, gebundene, geheftet, they are shown with links to the several forms.
I ncase of a search the plugin takes Taschenbuch as the first option to look after.

Tags cannot be found at Bol.de anymore.

I did some small testing, without problems. I did not have a book with mulitple authors.
So if you try the plugin, please let me know if you get any errors or mismatches.

Enjoy.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:04 AM   #30
SuiGeneris

First of all, i want to say THANK YOU!

I had some time for testing your plugin...

And it works fine for me!

But there are two things left:

1. The plugin only find books by ISBN. Without an ISBN (search only by title and author) gives you no result. (for me not a problem)

Quote:
Tags cannot be found at Bol.de anymore.
Its such a pitty!

Anyway, thank you for your fast suppurt!