Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Finishing translations firmware

Although I am using the English translation when using the DR, I noticed that not all translations are finished (that was also stated by iRex). Since I do not expect that iRex will finish the translation I was wondering how this could best be done as a community project?

Since not everybody has programming experience or even a programming environment, I think that we should 1) first identify some tools to do the translation for linux, windows and mac (so that everybody can contribute). With some translation-file-for-dummies explanation. Also 2) some scripts need to be written to install the new translation-files on the target.

To make sure that everybody has access to the translation files, 3) a BitBucket project (or something similar) should be set up.

Update:
The translation effort has started, updates will be posted here once they are available.

Installation:
Unzip to the root of the SD-card (Mac users carefully check that everything is correctly unzipped). Go to SD Card->Programs->Install and click on 'Install New Language Files'.

History:
R1: German Translation Updated.
R2: Adds an updated French Translation.
R3: Adds an updated Spanish Translation.
R4: Update of Spanish Translation
Attached Files
File Type: zip Translations-r4.zip (65.3 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by Mackx; 02-19-2011 at 04:51 AM. Reason: R4
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
I could help with/do French and German translations ...
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #3
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
I did partly translation to russian language, but have the same problem: lack of time
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

I found some time and created a new BitBucket repository. I created an Issue for each program and each language. Please let me know which file you want to take up, so I can mark them. You can do this by updating the issue, or send me a note.
Some files only have a few messages missing, and others more:
ctb ~25
erbrowser ~5
notepad ~25
popupmenu ~10
settings ~30

If you want to help with the translation but do not know how to do it, please let me know. There are enough people in this forum that can help with the 'technical' stuff.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Hi,

sorry, can't look at it now... does IREX use gettext/po files?
If so, maybe gtranslator [1] could be useful.

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/gtranslator/
Iņigo is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
yuri_b
Connoisseur
yuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enoughyuri_b will become famous soon enough

Device: irex dr800sg DR1000S
Yes IREX uses po files.
It's seems to be interesting tools.
Who used it?
yuri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
Paquillo
Enthusiast
Paquillo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, Motorola Xoom, Sony PRS-T1
As I said in another thread, I will do translations into Spanish. I will try to get updated on the necessary tools during the next days.
Paquillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
Mackx
Guru

Shall I put all spanish translation files on your name then?
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #9
Paquillo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Shall I put all spanish translation files on your name then?
Yes, I think so. Since the volume to translate doesn't appear to be very large, and I'm the only translator for Spanish, please put them on my name.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
Mackx
Guru

First Translation finished

fekhner has finished the German translation of the Beta 2 components. He not only filled in the missing translations but also corrected several incorrect translations. I created a small installation package to install it.

Note that the translated files are from the original firmware, if you have installed firmware hacks from Iņigo or me, then not all words will be correctly translated (that will be solved in a second-translation-round).

The package should work for both DR800 and DR1000 (I only have a DR1000).

fekhner is currently working on the French translation and Paquillo on the Spanish so expect more updates in the future.

I added the installation package the first mail in this thread.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #11
Mackx
Guru

French translation also updated

Member fekhner also finished the French translations. He added missing translations and fixed some translation errors.
The installation file in the first message is updated.

For Spanish I already got a volunteer, I am still searching for people that can do the Greek, Italian, or Russian translation.

If you want to translate but are not sure how to do it with the supplied files, send me a PM.

Thanks again to fekhner for his translation!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
Paquillo
Enthusiast

I have found the term "Inp" in the po file corresponding to ctb. Does anybody know what it means (in English)? Maybe "Input"?

Thanks

Paco
Old 02-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquillo View Post
I have found the term "Inp" in the po file corresponding to ctb. Does anybody know what it means (in English)? Maybe "Input"?

Thanks

Paco
Hi Paco,

In all other languages it is translated as "Inp" (i.e. copied from original). I think it is related to some newspaper format. The message will never be visible to a user, so setting the Spanish message also to "Inp" will be OK.

Marcel.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #14
Mackx
Guru

Has anyone installed the new (German and French) translation files already?
Old 02-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #15
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
not yet, will try asap ...
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote