Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
iPad 5 vs the Spacetime Continuum.

Just saw this headline on another site:

"iPad 5 Release Date Closer?"

Now, I'm no genius, but I'd have to say yes; unless somehow we've all become enmeshed in some kind of temporal anomaly in which time is flowing backwards. But seriously, what's your prediction? I say we're within 45 days of the big announcement.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Anything is possible and Apple is less predictable with Jobs no longer around, but I think they will be better off making only one update per year. I think the iPad 4, which was a minor update to the iPad 3, was mostly introduced for the sake of kicking off the lightning port and perhaps also to reset the iPad release calendar to Fall from Spring. But who knows...
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
But seriously, what's your prediction?
It will be magical. It will be "the best ipad we've ever made". It will have a grid of 4 columns of icons. It will have a 2048x1536 pixels, 9.7" screen. It will have a lightning connector at the bottom. It will be thinner (magically so), and narrower (more magically so).

There, sorry for the spoilers.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It will have a grid of 4 columns of icons.
Psssh, I have a 7x8 setup with my jailbreak, I wish I could add another row though, it'd make it a lot easier to have everything on one page.

And yes, I use ALL those apps on my screen everyday.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Psssh, I have a 7x8 setup with my jailbreak, I wish I could add another row though, it'd make it a lot easier to have everything on one page.

That's not Jobs-approved. You'll be excommunicated.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:35 AM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Why? Is not being an Apple fan at birth not enough for them?
Old 04-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #7
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Anything is possible and Apple is less predictable with Jobs no longer around, but I think they will be better off making only one update per year.
I would actually say it is quite the opposite. The only unpredictability factor, is the recent reshuffling of high level staff.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

Folders?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Psssh, I have a 7x8 setup with my jailbreak, I wish I could add another row though, it'd make it a lot easier to have everything on one page. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Folders?
Just what I was going to say, but not everyone is clued in on how easy it is to create folders on the iPad, which is hardly surprising considering the iPad comes with one button and no instructions to speak of.

To create a folder, connect the iPad to iTunes via your PC or Mac, then simply drag one app on top of another and give a name to the folder that results.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Just what I was going to say, but not everyone is clued in on how easy it is to create folders on the iPad, which is hardly surprising considering the iPad comes with one button and no instructions to speak of.

To create a folder, connect the iPad to iTunes via your PC or Mac, then simply drag one app on top of another and give a name to the folder that results.
On an iPad you can create folders simply by dragging one app on top of another. No need to hook to a computer or anything else. A folder is instantly created that you can rename if needed and then you can drag other apps to the same folder if you wish. The folder will remain as long as there is an app in it but if you drag them all out it will disappear.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #12
Jessica Lares
Wizard

I know how to make folders. They aren't very usable though. I forget where I put things since some things can be considered as multiple categories. I get lost in all the icons too because I can tell what app is what based on their icons, but all the folders look the same and the text blends in with everything since the labels are pretty small.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #13
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
You have to connect your tablet to a PC to make a folder? Seriously?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You have to connect your tablet to a PC to make a folder? Seriously?
No, you don't have to connect your iOS device to a computer.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
institute
Enthusiast
institute is on a distinguished road

Device: ipad
But you can do it in the iTunes interface when your iDevice is connected to the computer. It is definitely not the easiest way, however.
institute is offline   Reply With Quote