Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #676
garyanbear
garyanbear doesn't littergaryanbear doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
Thanks for posting the Hunger Games codes guys! Just used the original one and HungerGames2 and both worked. Hadn't been planning to read the 2nd and 3rd books (I've only ever heard unenthusiastic reviews of them) but the price was just too good. :P
garyanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #677
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Thanks, will give it a shot. Amazing, Adobe Digital Editions worked, too. There's a first, working straight away. First Kobo book since 2010! :0)
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #678
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New code: jmar23ca20k

20% off, expires 26 March 2012
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #679
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
Holy cow! I almost used the C4auto40 code to buy that last night, but got busy and forgot to. Glad I checked here before I went to buy it! Thanks!

Edit: $4.05 US dollars for the trilogy.
Me too!! I stopped only because I wanted to save for buying the Potter books.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #680
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyanbear View Post
Thanks for posting the Hunger Games codes guys! Just used the original one and HungerGames2 and both worked. Hadn't been planning to read the 2nd and 3rd books (I've only ever heard unenthusiastic reviews of them) but the price was just too good. :P
I enjoyed all three books, though for different reasons. I think the second and third books have some strengths over the first, actually. I think the second and third books both suffer from occasional periods of the author "telling" when she should be "showing", which I didn't recall from the first novel, but they have some narrative strengths over the others IMO. I read them as the trilogy edition (and I don't feel ripped off, I got the Trilogy for about $11 with a 35% off code a couple of months ago when the trilogy cost less than it does right now, which appears to be a Scholastic wholesale price increase not a Kobo price increase).

Since the first code can be used on any book in the series, or the trilogy, does anyone know if that's true of the second and third codes as well? If so, I might end up buying the trilogy for multiple people as gifts.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:00 PM   #681
msjo
msjo doesn't littermsjo doesn't litter

Device: Blackberry Playbook
Hunger Games Deal doesn't work

Hi,

I'm in Canada and just tried the HungerGamesDeal code with the trilogy bundle and got the message that it was an invalid code. I guess it has already expired.

msjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
For those who are interested, Kobo is offering 85% off a title from The Hunger Games. It is applicable on any one of the three books, or on the trilogy set itself.

Code: HungerGamesDeal
Expires: 31 March 2012

With this deal, the trilogy can be had for $4.25 in Canada!
msjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #682
garyanbear
garyanbear doesn't littergaryanbear doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjo View Post
Hi,

I'm in Canada and just tried the HungerGamesDeal code with the trilogy bundle and got the message that it was an invalid code. I guess it has already expired.

msjo
Yeah, I told my mother about the deal and she had the same problem. We're both Canadian as well, although I'm currently located in Poland. She tried less than 12 hours after I had managed to buy the books.
garyanbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #683
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
They disabled it for the trilogy, but it still works on an individual book. With the three codes, I was able to pickup the trilogy in its entirety. My thanks to the forum members for the valuable info.

Last edited by ottdmk; 03-23-2012 at 06:22 PM.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #684
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
I was able to use it last night. My daughter and grandson read each of the Hunger Game books as they came out so now I can find out why they enjoyed them so much.

Many thanks!

moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #685
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyanbear View Post
Yeah, I told my mother about the deal and she had the same problem. We're both Canadian as well, although I'm currently located in Poland. She tried less than 12 hours after I had managed to buy the books.
I already bought the trilogy yesterday & Kobo won't let me do it again. I was going to play with adding it to the card to see what happened. My understanding was that the code for the trilogy was: HungerGamesDeal5. Not just HungerGamesDeal.

Try adding the 5 on the end & see if it gives you the discount on the trilogy. It worked for me yesterday and a friend that I passed the code along to.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #686
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
None of the codes worked for the trilogy, but I was able to apply all the codes from hungergamesdeal2 through hungergamesdeal5 (2, 3, 4, 5) on a single book from the series. Didn't buy, just wanted to try applying the codes.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #687
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I love how, when I go to the Kobo Store and type in the Hunger Games Trilogy, the price shows as USD $26.98. And then, you click to go to the checkout, that page lists it at USD $33.49.

Sheesh.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #688
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
I finally changed my mind and went to buy the Hunger Games books. I successfully used HungerGamesDeal to get 80% off the first book. Then, when I tried to use any of the other HungerGamesDeal codes (2 through 5) I would get the message "This promotion is not active" which is different than the usual "Invalid promo code. Please verify and re-enter." I'm guessing they'll only allow 85% off of a single purchase from that set of codes and then nullify the rest.

One interesting thing I found: I tried c4auto40 which I had previously used, and was successfull for 40% off, then I tried c4auto45 and found success with 45% off (previously unknown code to me).

Last edited by winsomnia; 03-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #689
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
One interesting thing I found: I tried c4auto40 which I had previously used, and was successfull for 40% off, then I tried c4auto45 and found success with 45% off (previously unknown code to me).
I can confirm that this works for me too. Wow, 45% off, I didn't know Kobo codes went that high! I wish I had a really expensive non-agency book for that code (like "The Darkness" Compendium which I bought for $29.99, minus a measly 35 or 40% off code :P ).

c2auto25 works for me, and isn't in the OP, BTW, G0AT.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #690
Marbles
Zealot
Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.Marbles got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KoboTouch & Kobo Vox iPad2
I was able to get one of the books using HungerGamesDeal but when I went to use 2-5 it would not let me. Very disappointing as I was going to get them all even though they are not really books I would read. Guess I will just read the first one.
Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals