Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 02-24-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
Mistralain
Zealot
Mistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enough

Device: Booken Cybook
MobiPocket Creator crashes

I downloaded the last version of Mobipocket Creator.
It's the 4.2 build 39 and there is a bug when i build prc.
Where can i found a old version like build 35 ?
Mistralain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Nobody else has reported any problems with Mobi Creator. Perhaps it's a problem with your PC, or with the book that you're trying to build? Does it crash with EVERY book that you try to build? Have you tried running it on a different PC?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Nobody else has reported any problems with Mobi Creator.
Build 39 crashing has been reported on the Mobi Creator forums:
http://www.mobipocket.com/forum/view...dfdefe8e1e4cf5
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hadn't spotted that - thanks!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hadn't spotted that - thanks!
You're welcome. I just upgraded to build 39, but haven't done enough with it to see a problem. I kept a copy of the distribution archive for build 35, so I can provide that here if folks running build 39 need to revert.

______
Dennis
Old 02-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
Mistralain
Zealot
Mistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enoughMistralain will become famous soon enough

@HarryT : I have problems with some DOC or PDF. I haven't yet test on my other PC on XP.

@DMcCunney : I accept your proposition for build 35 !
_______

Alain
Old 02-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistralain View Post
@DMcCunney : I accept your proposition for build 35 !
Attached is Mobi Creator v4.2 build 35.

The current version on the Mobipocket site is build 39, which appears to have introduced a few problems along with a few fixes.

> Alain
______
Dennis
Old 02-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Dennis - please see your PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 AM   #9
Mistralain
Zealot

Thank you for the upload.
My crash on generating the document (A dictionary of Borges in pdf) still exists with build 35.
The problem is elsewhere...
Old 02-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #10
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
Dennis - please see your PM.
I did. Understood.
______
Dennis
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #11
franYo
franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franYo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Cybook Gen3
For those interested, there's a build 40 now available for download at mobipocket site.

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...sp?Language=EN

The crashing bug seems to be gone.

Franjo
franYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #12
Mistralain
Zealot

Talking Build 40

My problem of generation is resolved by the build 40.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 AM   #13
lovingyou
lovingyou began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
You're welcome. I just upgraded to build 39, but haven't done enough with it to see a problem. I kept a copy of the distribution archive for build 35, so I can provide that here if folks running build 39 need to revert.

______
Dennis
Would you please share with me your copy of build 35? Thank you very much
lovingyou is offline   Reply With Quote