Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 AM   #16
fooeynet
fooeynet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Or...convert to dual-mobi, email to kindle from Calibre so that Whispersync is enabled, and download KF8 files. I guess the book cover doesn't work using this method, but as I use list view only on my Kindles, that makes no difference to me.

Shari
Yep, this is what I now do. List view is fine, and I get covers shown with the screen saver hack.
fooeynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For those who do whyspersync, which would you rather have a better looking eBook or one not so good looking and whyspersync?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For those who do whyspersync, which would you rather have a better looking eBook or one not so good looking and whyspersync?
;ditto:
Convenience or quality

Free Whisper sync is fine if you are not fussy (It is Paid, if you buy from their store)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #19
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't have to choose. As I said before, I do whispersync, and read my books in kf8 format. I don't care about the cover, as I never see it.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I don't have to choose. As I said before, I do whispersync, and read my books in kf8 format. I don't care about the cover, as I never see it.

Shari
Some do have to choose as they want the covers.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote