Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
Winkels
Winkels began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo store: why is there a security certificate problem?

I just tried this morning to buy a new book (for the first time in two or three weeks). In both IE and Chrome I get an ""untrusted security certificate" message.

Any idea what's up? This wasn't a problem on the last two books I bought back in early June.
Winkels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Just tried signing in to my account (to force the https connection) on both firefox/linux and IE6/WinXP, and had no problems. Perhaps there was a temporary problem with access to the security servers.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkels View Post
I just tried this morning to buy a new book (for the first time in two or three weeks). In both IE and Chrome I get an ""untrusted security certificate" message.

Any idea what's up? This wasn't a problem on the last two books I bought back in early June.
Date / clock wrong on your computer?
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote