Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #1
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Kobo in Australia

I don't know if this has already been posted - I have just noticed that the Kobo Touch etc is now available at JB Hi Fi in Australia. This must be a recent addition as I was only searching about a week ago and couldn't find any on sale in Australia. Looks like they also have the Sony too.
Thank goodness - I was beginning to think we were going to be kept in the "dark ages" forever and I had promised to upgrade and pass on my old Kobo to my husband about 6 months ago! He is still trying to read on his Blackberry!

Oh - and now the big decision - Kobo or Sony? Nice to be spoiled for choice!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I do admit this thread was getting a little long => Best way to get Kobo touch in Australia?

I just got a couple of emails this week (from Kobo & Borders AU). Kobo Touch is available at;

Collins Bookstores => http://kobo.collinsbooks.com.au/ (pre-order, release 4th Nov)
Borders AU => http://www.borders.com.au/kobo-touch (pre-order, release 30th Nov)
JBHIFI => http://www.jbhifi.com.au/portable/mp.../ebook-reader/ (instore or online now)
Officeworks => rumoured to have sometime in the next month.

Interestingly Collins is also listing the Vox for pre-order as well. Shame the markup from US$199 => AU$299 is a little more than I'd like (considering current FX rates), still it's nice that it is being offered here too so soon.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
I got an email from Angus and Robertson yesterday. They're selling for special preorder price of $165

Edit: http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/kob...-113-182-94226

In stock by the way.

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 11-03-2011 at 10:58 PM.
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@IxiaAurea: Interesting that A&R have instock and Borders isn't till month end. Same parent company (Pearsons). I would have thought sharing a lot of the same backend including inventory. Wonder why they choose to make available to A&R first? Pricing is the same - $165 @ Borders. JB had for ~$151 the other day which was a good price, but it seems its gone back up to $168.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
The article could have told the punters that they can walk into there local JB and buy one right now
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #6
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
The article could have told the punters that they can walk into there local JB and buy one right now
what article?.. the perthnow one? maybe the reporters didn't know/weren't made aware... or perhap the unit came from Officeworks rather than Kobo hence the reference.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
what article?.. the perthnow one? maybe the reporters didn't know/weren't made aware... or perhap the unit came from Officeworks rather than Kobo hence the reference.
Sorry now that there are 2 threads I got confused which one I was in reply was meant for
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=204
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
molman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Sorry now that there are 2 threads I got confused which one I was in reply was meant for
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=204
no problem. re: the article you referenced I emailed the writer about the error.

Edit: got a nice reply and he's fixing/fixed it.

Last edited by molman; 11-04-2011 at 03:13 AM.