Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #61
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by digory View Post
EDIT: Added dashes--- because this editor does not preserve the formatting.
In your profile here, select the "advanced editor" rather than the "default editor".
Then use the appropriate type(s) of block quotes.
Translation: The problem is on your side of the keyboard.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #62
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
EDIT: Added dashes--- because this editor does not preserve the formatting.
To preserve formatting you can wrap text in CODE tags, like this:
Code:
Here is some text.
    Here is some indented text.
        This is more indented.
    And out a level.
Or instead of preserving formatting, you can create formatting with INDENT tags, like this:

Text
Indented text.
More indent.
Less indent.

Just quote this message in a new message then view the tags in your edit box.

These tags and more have toolbar icons for them, when you click the "Advanced Edit" button.

Beware that the indent tag adds extra blank lines that you may need to mess with to get it the way you want. After the "end indent" tag, you may need to add a couple of blank lines.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #63
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
OK, thanks. But the editor is the minor problem.

The KTextArea isn't documented in Amazon's dev kit reference, so I replaced the KTextArea with a Button. Now it compiles, cool! However, it still doesn't work. The following is a bash script that generates my azw2:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

PROJECTNAME=HelloWorld
CLASSPATH=../lib/Kindlet-2.1.jar
export CLASSPATH

echo "Making $PROJECTNAME..."

if [ -f developer.keystore ]; then
  echo "developer.keystore exists!"
else
  echo "Generating developer.keystore..."
  keytool -genkeypair -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password -keypass password -alias dk$PROJECTNAME -dname "CN=Unknown, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown" -validity 5300
  keytool -genkeypair -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password -keypass password -alias di$PROJECTNAME -dname "CN=Unknown, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown" -validity 5300
  keytool -genkeypair -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password -keypass password -alias dn$PROJECTNAME -dname "CN=Unknown, OU=Unknown, O=Unknown, L=Unknown, ST=Unknown, C=Unknown" -validity 5300
fi

echo "Compiling..."
javac *.java

echo "Creating jar file..."
/bin/rm $PROJECTNAME.jar >&/dev/null
/bin/rm $PROJECTNAME.azw2 >&/dev/null
jar cvmf $PROJECTNAME.manifest $PROJECTNAME.jar *.java

echo "Creating signed azw2 file..."

jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password $PROJECTNAME.jar dk$PROJECTNAME
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password $PROJECTNAME.jar di$PROJECTNAME
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password $PROJECTNAME.jar dn$PROJECTNAME

mv $PROJECTNAME.jar $PROJECTNAME.azw2

echo "Done."
The PROJECTNAME (the azw2's name) can be any arbitrary name, or does it need to have the same name as the public class (which is Main)? Anyway, when I move this azw2 to the documents folder, it doesn't show up in the Kindle. There is still something wrong here...

Last edited by digory; 07-02-2012 at 12:49 AM.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #64
digory
Enthusiast
digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!digory is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch
There was a mistake in my bash script: I added *.java to the jar instead of *.class. Stupid me. Another, minor mistake was that I named my key aliases as xy$PROJECTNAME. I should've used xy$USER, because I obviously need only one developer key triplet, to be used for all my projects. It still wouldn't work, though, and I learnt that the manifest file in the original post was wrong. Here's one that actually works:
Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: com.digory.helloworld.Main
Implementation-Title: Hello World!
Implementation-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: digory
Extension-List: SDK
SDK-Extension-Name: com.amazon.kindle.kindlet
SDK-Specification-Version: 2.1
Toolbar-Mode: persistent
Font-Size-Mode: point
The lines Main-Class and those concerning the SDK seem to be important in particular, but are not included in the manifest shown on the first post in this thread. Somebody please update that post!

Last edited by digory; 07-06-2012 at 03:49 AM.
digory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #65
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
There was a mistake in my bash script: I added *.java to the jar instead of *.class. Stupid me. Another, minor mistake was that I named my key aliases as xy$PROJECTNAME. I should've used xy$USER, because I obviously need only one developer key triplet, to be used for all my projects. It still wouldn't work, though, and I learnt that the manifest file in the original post was wrong. Here's one that actually works:
Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: com.digory.helloworld.Main
Implementation-Title: Hello World!
Implementation-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: digory
Extension-List: SDK
SDK-Extension-Name: com.amazon.kindle.kindlet
SDK-Specification-Version: 2.1
Toolbar-Mode: persistent
Font-Size-Mode: point
The lines Main-Class and those concerning the SDK seem to be important in particular, but are not included in the manifest shown on the first post in this thread. Somebody please update that post!

Did you update the post with the wrong code in it then?

I still see *.java etc?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #66
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

helllooo from a 3.3

okay. here's one that worked for me on 3. (3.3, SDK 1.2, Java 1.4.2_19)

(remember to derive from com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.AbstractKindlet as shown in this project...)

Included the sign.sh that you call like ./sign.sh filename.jar

Included the developer.keystore from ixtabs font project.

you run it against the EXPORTED jar

dump the final azw2 in /mnt/us/documents

should be golden.

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1
called update.sh is an optional file you *could* make, to assist in quick index updating (that's what I run).

hope this helps someone like me who was struggling with the info that is mainly for 4 and 5's these days.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageMagick: kindle.fb.pgm_059.png
Views:	659
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	91843  
Attached Files
File Type: gz test-for-a-3.3-using-sdk-1.2-on-1.4.2_19.tar.gz (8.0 KB, 414 views)

Last edited by twobob; 09-05-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.AbstractKindlet
Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #67
twobob

Lifecycle

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutori...lifeCycle.html helpful reading.

retroweaver

http://www.openmamba.org/showfile.ht...weaver125.spec

http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/g...aver-guide.pdf

and more generally about the java: Bit of a "cvm" overview

Spoiler:

Last edited by twobob; 01-10-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #68
Jeijei
Jeijei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Black
Anyone found out how to hide/remove the title bar on top of application (showing app name, battery charge etc)? I'm making an application, which is showing full screen images.
Jeijei is offline   Reply With Quote