Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
paulrw
Enthusiast
paulrw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Oasis, iPhone, iPad, PC
Books imported from Kindle not showing as on device

I have a number of books purchased from Amazon on my Kindle 2 (as Calibre identifies it) that I have imported from the Kindle into Calibre, however Calibre does not show them in the "on Device" column. The files are AZW3, I can still see them on the device if I go to "add books", and I can read them on the Kindle. In fact I can even read the imported files in Calibre, no DRM surprisingly. The only difference I can see is that they are in the root of the "documents" folder rather than in sub-directories like the others. I found the "use sub-directories" on "configure this device" and unchecked it, but it made no difference. Any suggestions?
paulrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are they shown in the device view in calibre? i.e. conenct the device and click its icon in calibre to see the books on the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
paulrw
Enthusiast
paulrw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Oasis, iPhone, iPad, PC
Thanks Kovid, you have of course hit on it. I hadn't realised they were showing because I use tags to identify what is on my Kindle, so when I switched views it was still filtering for the tag. When I turn that off, I can see them in the device view, and the fact that it is not seeing the tag seems to indicate that it is not matching them with the library copy. I suspect that the problem was that I imported them, rather than using the "add books to library" from the device view.
I notice that if I use the "match book to library" function from device view on a book where I have altered the metadata (Amazon have a nasty habit of including series info in the title), I get the "waiting for metadata to be updated" icon, but updating cached metadata does not clear the icon until the device is ejected and reconnected - not a big deal.
paulrw is offline   Reply With Quote