Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-03-2017, 06:24 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu109 View Post
Now that iTunes sync and Calibre Companion are no longer fully functional under IOS 11 I have been looking around for another methodology to handle my book collection.
Calibre Companion has been fixed and is being resubmitted to Apple.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...21#post3587721
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #17
Stu109
Enthusiast
Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.

Device: Apple
For those who wish to continue using iTunes Apple have now released 12.6.3 which will continue to offer app store functionality and it includes iBooks

Users who have upgraded to 12.7 can apply this "retro" version

Apparently there will be no auto upgrades to this version so will suit many of us just fine
Stu109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #18
Stu109
Enthusiast
Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.

Calibre 3.9 and iTunes

The iTunes connection option seems to have been removed in Calibre 3.9. I assume that this is in response to the release of iTunes 12.7 which removed "app" support with particular reference to i Books.

Now that Apple have released iTunes 12.6.3.6 which can be applied over 12.7 can we have the iTunes connection reinstated so that we can continue with sync of iBooks via iTunes?

Failing this could a previous version of Calibre be made available for download
Old 10-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The iTunes connection option seems to have been removed in Calibre 3.9. I assume that this is in response to the release of iTunes 12.7 which removed "app" support with particular reference to i Books.

Now that Apple have released iTunes 12.6.3.6 which can be applied over 12.7 can we have the iTunes connection reinstated so that we can continue with sync of iBooks via iTunes?

Going back to an earlier Calibre is not an option. I for one do not want to go back. It would be best if the iTunes connection was brought back.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #20
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:

Previous calibre releases (3.x)

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #21
Stu109
Enthusiast

Thanks for the links, hopefully we won't need them
Old 10-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid I have no interest in restoring that functionality -- the developer who wrote the iTunes driver, GRiker is no longer active and given that Apple have removed the functionality from iTunes...

You are of course welcome to keep using older versions of calibre for as long as you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #23
Stu109
Enthusiast

That's a shame but I see your point.

So for me the best solution moving forward is Calibre 3.8 (with DeDRM plugin) and iTunes 12.6.3.6 with sync to my iPad/iPhone.

Is there a way to switch off the presentation of updates in Calibre
Old 10-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #24
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Apparently Apple has released a "retrofit" version of iTunes (12.6.3) that can be installed over 12.7 and that adds the functionality back. I think. I haven't tried it yet.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm afraid I have no interest in restoring that functionality -- the developer who wrote the iTunes driver, GRiker is no longer active and given that Apple have removed the functionality from iTunes...

You are of course welcome to keep using older versions of calibre for as long as you like.
Actually, Apple put that functionality into iTunes. They just did a stupid thing and gave it an older version number.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:58 PM   #26
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The checkbox to disable the update available popup is on the popup itself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:08 AM   #27
TRB
TRB began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Wow, this is a lifesaver for me. I have installed 12.6.3.6 over 12.7 and it restored my iBooks to the state of a month ago. I can now edit the info of each book again. I will have to reload in the books I added in the last month, but that is manageable. This way I can at least continue to use iBooks to manage my library until I am ready to switch to a different app and approach. Thanks again for letting me know about this.
TRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #28
Capn Gav
Capn Gav began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Same problem...says book is on device and it's not!
Capn Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #29
Capn Gav
Capn Gav began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Was great until update with Calibre today.
Capn Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #30
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Gav View Post
Was great until update with Calibre today.
You could uninstall 3.15 and install what you had before - you won't lose any settings or libraries.

Previous versions are available via a link on the calibre Download pages

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote