Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
s13cybergal
s13cybergal began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Z22, Ebookwise 1150
Post Hello. God I love eBooks!

I am legally blind 20/200. Use reverse video no magnification on screen, with 12x lens in glasses. I first discovered the ease of reading ebooks on a computer screen and now with my new Palm z22 the joy of doing the same easy reading on the go!

I also have an ebookwise 1150. I wish fictionwise and ebookwise would just merge into one company. I can't transfer my fictionwise club stuff over to ebookwise. That is a minor irritation.

I can't tell ya how wonderful it is to own over 1,000 ebooks that take up 0 space in my 10' x 10' room. I have to look nose to print and I can now sit up straight and read for hours with NO physical pain anywhere. For me ebooks is a miracle.

I am really glad for this website. I find it interesting all the devices and file formats. Someday we'll get over all this DRM garbage and be able to pay for it and move it where we want and re-format it too. Yeah, I'm dreaming!

Thanks for setting up this site.

I'm new at this, so I am signing off s13cybergal. (remember you were new and clumsy once too )
s13cybergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
[SIZE="3"]Welcome![/SIZE]

I have vision problems also. Before my most recent surgery, the vision in the left eye was 3/40. I was told to email a MR member who is an advocate for the blind, UtahCowboy. He was very kind and supportive, so why not drop him a PM? (BTW, the vitrectomy was a success and I see better now than I have in several years!)

I hope you enjoy your EB-1150 as much as I have. It's been a Godsend for helping me read again. One thing I would like to mention is to download the eBookwise Librarian and run your books through that. It gives the option under the "advanced" button to have larger fonts, up to so big that only 2 or 3 words will fit on a line. That's too big for me, very annoying, but the next-to-biggest works great.

Happy Reading!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello s13cybergal
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day, s13cybergal. I'd just like to say "Oooo, doggie avatar!" (there's a few of them around now ).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:58 PM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Welcome aboard, cybergal! Glad you found the Palm Z22, ebookwise, and I'm especially glad you found us!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi s13cybergal and welcome to the Forum. If you like eBooks as much as you say, you are in good company here. We're all a bunch of eBookworms on crack
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi s13cybergal and welcome to the Forum. If you like eBooks as much as you say, you are in good company here. We're all a bunch of eBookworms on crack
Can I be an e-bookworm on crystal meth? Crack has such negative connotations!

Welcome, Cybergal! Hang out in the Lounge long enough and you'll be an old pro!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 PM   #8
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, s13cybergal! Enjoy!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #9
s13cybergal

Hi dixiegal: Man, I love all these messages! I forgot to mention, I'm not using a PC, but a Macintosh, so using the Librarian program at ebookwis is nada for me. When I get some time next week I will be glad to drop utahcowboy a note. I really appreciate how friendly everyone is here. What a breath of fresh kilobytes .

I can see the Palm Z22 better then I can see the ebookwise machine. Given time, I believe updates will come. Have a great week and thanks for making my Thursday ROCK!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:05 AM   #10
s13cybergal

Hi Evesdropper: (love that name )

Rather buy books than food, ah, this is a mind I'd like to explore. Have a great day. I'll have more time for the site next week. I'll be cat-sitting all week with lots of ebooks, time and a computer with an internet connection. Ah, so many books, so little time...
Old 06-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #11
s13cybergal

Greetings montmsmags (I think I got that right ?):

I had some lovely times as a child with this particular breed. Its like a husky, a Samoyd. Affectionate, yappy and BEAUTIFUL.

I got my avitar off the web. It is part of a video that people use who are training to judge dog shows. I wrote and got permission to use it, as long as I'm not selling it. that leaping dog is kind of how I feel about my life. It is wonderful and I'm just leaping around in it and having one heck of a good time. I hope you are also happy. More next week, when I have more free time.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #12
s13cybergal

Hi Donnageddon:

I just got my first email from this site and all the wonderful, friendly and helpful messages are a joy to read. I should have guessed that us book people don't waste time calling each other names, or being rude. But it is SO refreshing, thanks to one and all!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:20 AM   #13
s13cybergal

Hi Cassidym:
Paradise a library with a 5 star Marriott within walking distance for sure!

Hey pick your analogy! When I first realized I was reading an ebook with no pain, I'd devoured 2/3 of a novel, had to go potty and I'd been at it non-stop for 9 hours! Reading print for that long without a break would have killed the muscles in my arms, neck and back. I LOVE to read.

I hope you have all checked out shelfari.com? Word of warning. when you have the option to use their "bulk" find your friends, be real careful or you'll hit every person in your address book and yahoo will think you are "spam".
Old 07-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I just now discovered shelfari myself. And, it looks interesting.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote