Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-20-2018, 05:38 AM   #1
SbAgOoTs
SbAgOoTs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Question Change cover size in list display mode?

Hi all,
is there any way to change (increase) the cover size in detailed list display modes?
I gave a look at D:\.adds\koreader\plugins\coverbrowser.koplugin\li stmenu.lua but I didn't find an easy parameter to change...

Thanks

Bye

Last edited by SbAgOoTs; 07-20-2018 at 09:40 AM.
SbAgOoTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't think you can through the GUI, but if you increase the font size it might grow along with it automatically.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2018, 03:01 AM   #3
SbAgOoTs

I wasn't hoping to do it through the GUI 😉 of course, but changing the fonts....😕
They are fine like they are now...
Any other suggestion?
Old 07-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you try giving it more margin or padding somewhere? At a quick peek you can increase the size of the picture on line 183 but then it simply exceeds its bounds. Admittedly it's not immediately obvious at a glance, haha. Probably only @poire-z knows the ins and outs of this code, and even then it's been a while.

Edit: see https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-406788025

Last edited by Frenzie; 07-21-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:45 AM   #5
SbAgOoTs

Great!
The link did the trick!
Thanks to you and @poire-z.

Just one suggestion: do the cache purge before making the size change.
Obviously, now I would vote to have this option in the GUI...
Advert
Old 08-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
homeceo43
Connoisseur
homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.homeceo43 will give the Devil his due.

Device: Meebook P78 Pro, Likebook P6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Thank you for this tip! I just a got a Kobo Aura One a couple of months ago and I use KOReader instead of the Kobo software.

I like looking at the covers when I browse my books, but the Mosaic with cover images mode does not have the metadata and percent read.

The Detailed list with cover images and metadata is so useful, but the covers are very small.

I changed the "64" to "150" and this changed the list of 10 on a page in the File Browser and History to 4 on a page and that allows good size thumbnails of the covers along with all of the metadata and percent read etc. Changing the "64" to "128" allowed 5 to a page and looks even better.

Thanks again!

Last edited by homeceo43; 09-25-2018 at 06:43 PM.
homeceo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
SbAgOoTs

With last update things got messy...

Dear all,

the hack above worked fine until the 11.2019 update, but now in theory it shouldn't be needed anymore and in any case it can't be applied in exactly the same way.
Let me explain: we have an Objects menu now: but changing both items per page or font size parameters doesn't have any effect on my Kobo Aura One...
There is also a (quite well hidden) Detailed list files per page setting and ... Eureka! It did it: decreasing its value you have bigger covers in list menu... but also font size changes accordingly (so you have giant size metadata...) and you have to hack again the listmenu.lua file.
In short, before I needed a single hack to get the result, now I have to change two parameters (and to find the right balance between them).
So, my question is: is it so difficult to have a simple setting to change cover size (or number of files per page if you prefer) without touching the default font size (like in several Linux file managers just to mention an example)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Could the settings need a restart or something?
Old 01-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #9
SbAgOoTs

Not a reboot, for sure a restart since I have to edit \.adds\koreader\plugins\coverbrowser.koplugin\list menu.lua file...