Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Uninstalling/Reinstalling eBook Library V2.5 for Vista

There have been several bugs reported in Sony's eBook Library V2.5.

These dedicated members with their expertise and contact with Sony have previously posted a method for uninstalling/reinstalling Sony's eBook Library on Vista which has solved some of the problems.

I thought that this deserved it's own separate thread, hopefully it can be made a sticky by some kind moderator when this post is completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
taken from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29796

For Vista Uninstall it
then Delete the following folders
C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your Connect Reader software from:
http://ebooks.connect.com/downloadclient.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
I just got this problem too.
One more for saving your time if you get the problem too.
Delete all as they suggest except C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
Then try execute again, If it works fine
If it is not, delete the rest and install....
Thankyou Andybaby, comtrjl and keng2000.

*edit* This post still under construction - just rechecking these directions, I am using Vista myself and my eBook library is not located at C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library but I found it at C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Books\eBook Library

*edit* Still gathering information
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey
On my Vista64 computer, the program installed into C:\Program Files(x86)\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\eBook Library.exe

The library of purchased books is at: Documents\MyBooks\eBook Library\
*update* thanks dhbailey will include your info when completed.

I do have 2 other folders, should these be deleted if they exist after an uninstall?
C:\Program Files\Sony\Reader
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Reader

*update* I'm currently following these threads to keep updated on info that could pertain to uninstalling the eBook Library:

Problems with Sony's ebook library v2.5
Brand new 700...with brand new problems S:
eBook Library software doesn't load
Cannot access eBookstore

*update* I have sent an email to Sony Support asking for exact procedure for deleting eBook Library and all of it's leftovers for both Vista and Windows. I'm awaiting a reply. Hopefully, they will send me the procedure, which can be followed so that a clean install of v2.5 may fix some problems.
Their first reply was to run the uninstall from the control panel, not much help. I asked again for detailed instructions on how to clean up leftovers.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-19-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Updating progress
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Putting this in the Wiki would also make it easier to find and to refer people too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Uninstalling and reinstalling eBook Library

Just got this response from Sony, very promptly I might add. It looks comprehensive but I'll check it out. Links for Windows XP and Windows Vista.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...nalId=C1000822
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote