Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #31
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
No public goals for me this next year. I've set goals both of the past two years and it's put too much pressure on me to just reach a number and not just read what I want. I do have a few books I read this next year and I'll just work on those, alone with the fun stuff.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #32
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Are you saying jg that you have both a public and private goals?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #33
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Are you saying jg that you have both a public and private goals?
Sure. I've a list of books I'd like to read in 2013. I'm just not stress if they don't get done. And public challenges do stess me.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #34
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
My goal is to spend more time reading quality books and less time working as an unpaid copy-editor for big publishing. Every book I read this year from them had errors and then I had to go back and strip them and correct them afterward. I am over that! Unless it is a book I really and truly want to read and keep, I will be getting it from the library and deleting it as soon as I get to the third typo. So, my plan for 2013:

- Go through my existing backlog of purchased but not yet read books and separate off the ones which need fixing. Only read those all the way through if I run out of other stuff to read.

- Alternate the rest of my reading between indie books, classics, and other books from 'safe' sources who I know produce readable copy. I plan to explore the Harvard Classics as well and am working on a spreadsheet which sorts them all into chronological order.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBanned View Post
<nip>
Read this one for yourself:
As Man Thinketh
Its only 30 pages which is good because youll want to read it again, and again.
That looks interesting, thank you for the suggestion.

It is also found here in our Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Mobi/PRC and ePub
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #36
mizzlia
mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mizzlia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook tablet 8gb, samsung galaxy tab 10.1 wifi 32gb
I hope to read more in 2013 sometimes i just didnt feel like reading i read 25 to 30 books this year. Next year i want to read more without putting a number on it i have about 150 books still to be read maybe il read them all by next year although i know that list will get longer
mizzlia is offline   Reply With Quote