Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Jefferson's Road: Patriots and Tyrants

The 2nd American Civil War has begun, and Peter Baird is running for his life. He hopes to rescue his brother Martin from federal custody, but to do that, he must team up with the one man he hates the most: Grant Collins, the man who played Peter for a patsy and manipulated him into shooting the President.

Hope you enjoy it!

Jefferson's Road: Patriots and Tyrants $2.99!
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sales for Jefferson's Road: Patriots and Tyrants are taking off. I know there's been a lot of anticipation from my readers for this second book. I hope you are pleased by the story.

I spent this morning plugging away at the third installment, Jefferson's Road: The Tree of Liberty. The whole series just keeps expanding and growing in my mind. I think once the whole conspiracy is revealed, it'll be quite surprising and satisfying.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Patriots and Tyrants seems to be finding its own groove, so to speak. As I look at the sales numbers for June, so far I've just about sold an equal amount of all three of my currently available novels. I'm thinking this is a good sign. Of course, I've got a long way to go before the books sell the thousands of copies that I'm hoping for, but it's a decent start. And as I've only been at this for a year, I'm rather satisfied with my progress.

Of course, now that vacation is done, I've got to get back to the grindstone and churn out more text - especially if I'm to have another book released before the end of the month!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Just came from my nephew's graduation party, where I ran into a couple of my readers. I have to say I'm a little surprised, still, when I run into fans (still getting used to this whole "author" thing!), and even more so when they've already finished the second book in the series and are eagerly asking for the third! Have to say it's kinda rekindled the fire under me to get the next book done. The whole thing felt pretty cool.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
MichaelJScott
Zealot

While sales of Patriots and Tyrants haven't reached the level of some of my other books, I can still see that it is beginning to gain the recognition and support it deserves. I haven't been fortunate enough to score a review as of yet, but in private conversations with fans of the series I've heard nothing but praise for it.

I will say this: it has a vicious hook at the end of the book, so if you take it on, you'll definitely want to keep reading to figure out what happens. It's worth it, though.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Jefferson's Road: Patriots and Tyrants is coming into its own, as far as gaining readers goes. It doesn't have the base of the first book, yet, but it is starting to pick up.

In case you're wondering, the book picks up right where the previous one left off, and things only get worse from there. So if you read "mile one" in the series, strap yourself in for "mile two." I promise it's a bumpy ride!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 AM   #7
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
I just picked up both books. My backlog is so massive I doubt I'll get to them soon but I like the scenario and I generally understand where you're coming from politically. I'm more Libertarian but I definitely see the growing anger out there, the encroaching government and the massive push towards a police state,especially under this administration. Something eventually has to give.

good luck with the books.

Last edited by xg4bx; 02-07-2012 at 06:25 AM.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
I just picked up both books. My backlog is so massive I doubt I'll get to them soon but I like the scenario and I generally understand where you're coming from politically. I'm more Libertarian but I definitely see the growing anger out there, the encroaching government and the massive push towards a police state,especially under this administration. Something eventually has to give.

good luck with the books.
Hey, thanks a lot! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who sees the growing problem. It's like watching a massive storm gather on the horizon, and the wind is picking up, and the first few droplets are starting to fall.

I'll be (ideally) finishing the third installment later this year. I hope you like them.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #9
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Just got some kudos from a facebook fan the other day. It surprises me how stories impact people. This gentleman simply said, "You're a great author I'm a huge fan, please keep your work coming!"

I always feel humbled by words like that.

If you haven't read the Jefferson's Road series, give it a try. It's worth your time, no matter what side of the political spectrum you're from. The books really are about the pressures in America that are tearing us apart.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Of the first two books in the series, Patriots and Tyrants is definitely more challenging. It was, admittedly, a little more difficult to write for that reason. Knowing what Peter has done puts him in an awkward place, as he takes the role of anti-hero and struggles to come to terms with his actions. Still, I think it is a satisfying read, and well worth your time. If you like the first book, the second will thrill you even more.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Working through my backlog. I read Spirit of Resistance and half of Patriots&Tyrants in one sitting, I simply couldn't put them down. They're possibly the most compelling books I've ever read, I only stopped reading because my eyes simply wouldn't stay open.

I've got half of P&T to go but already I can't wait for the 3rd book.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Working through my backlog. I read Spirit of Resistance and half of Patriots&Tyrants in one sitting, I simply couldn't put them down. They're possibly the most compelling books I've ever read, I only stopped reading because my eyes simply wouldn't stay open.

I've got half of P&T to go but already I can't wait for the 3rd book.
That is high praise. Thank you. I'm humbled (and encouraged to get crackin' on the third installment!).
Old 05-16-2012, 02:15 AM   #13
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Still plugging away at the next installment in the series. I read a commentary this evening by Barry Farber. He talked about why he doesn't think the President will try to steal the election or declare martial law. I happen to agree with his assessment, but if you want to understand how it could happen, I recommend the Jefferson's Road series.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
MichaelJScott
Zealot

So far, I can honestly say that, as I reached the end of each book, the beginning of the next "mile" in the series was readily apparent to me. Of the books available, however, Patriots and Tyrants was the only beginning I knew right away, if only because I always knew from the start how the first book would end. The same can't be said for the ending of the next books. They are as much a surprise to me as they are to anyone else. The only exception, I think, will be the sixth and final book. I know exactly how the series ends, and pretty much have known from the start.

I hope you'll give Jefferson's Road a try. It is, hands-down, the best stuff I've ever written.