Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
Hookflash
Hookflash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Kobo -> Kindle in Canada

I've amassed quite a big library on my Kindle since I bought it, and now I'm kind of... locked in, I guess (point Amazon). That wouldn't really be an issue for me if it weren't for the fact that the Kobo ebook store is starting to look like an Amazon killer for Canadians (cheaper, better selection, multiple-device support, ePub, etc.). What I'm wondering is: Is there a way to convert Kobo books to a Kindle-compatible format, or vice versa?
Hookflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Yes. Liberate the DRM and use Calibre to convert to Mobi.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
Hookflash

ficbot: Thanks for the response. Just a quick question, though: Does the ePub -> Mobi conversion cause formatting errors?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
sometimes, but just try it and see for yourself. Personally i prefer mobipocket creator.
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I haven't noticed any errors but I read mostly regular novels, nothing fancy or complicated. YMMV.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #6
Hookflash

Cool, works like a charm. Thanks guys :-)