Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
Cannot register rooted nook - help!

I successfully softrooted my to 1.2.0 per the instructions on nookdevs.com.

However I am now unable to register my nook.. it says it was previously registered and needs to be un-registered first.

I do not see any option to 'un-register' the nook on the device itself. My account at B&N.com does not list any nook devices.

Help!
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
It should be under "Settings", "Device". If it's not there, you probably need to contact B&N Customer Service. I'd recommend telling them you did a factory reset and not mention that it's softrooted, because doing the softroot is effectively doing a factory reset.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
Thanks.

I was able to resolve the issue. It appears the registration process wanted my original e-mail address even though I had updated my BN account before I received the nook.
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote