Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
nunu2010
nunu2010 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 300
Question PRS set up help

Hi all

i got my prs 300 for christmas but i am not entirly sure how to get books on to the system?

i had trouble downloading the library but have done so now and i would like to know how you get things on to the reader is it like an ipod do you put the material on the library first and then plug the reader in?

any help would be good thanks ever so much

nunu
nunu2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Yep! It's very similar to the iTunes software but not nearly as efficient. If you want to load books in the epub format (or other supported formats) from your computer, you would use the Import option. If you are purchasing from the Sony store, it will download the book into your library software. Then when you connect your reader to your PC, you can drag the books you want onto the reader icon. I would not suggest using the Sync option as it is known to have problems. Good luck.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
ancker
ancker began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I found Calibre a free (donations welcomed and deserved) and open source e-book library management application developed by Kovid Goyal at: http://calibre-ebook.com/about to be more comprehensive, versatile and easier to use than the Library.
ancker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Plus 1 to Calibre, even though I actually just drag and drop books from the folders. Calibre also has the added great feature of converting versions (example.... rtf to epub) and that is worth a lot.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Ditto on Calibre.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert