Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Keeping the price, for now, at $199

Dear All:

We had planned to up the price on September 31. However, we have started to see a great flow of orders and we are starting to do some advertising on FaceBook.

I cannot give any idea when the sale price will end. For right now, however, we are staying at $199 on our website: www.theEZreader.com
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear All:

We had planned to up the price on September 31. ...
Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November, .....
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Why are newegg and booksonboard selling them for such radical differences. I could only figure, cause BoB had new dedicated customers to attempt to earn.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Maybe that's a hint the price will never change.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
deltame
deltame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, EZ Reader
I have recommended the Pocket Pro to a number of my coworkers - 2 of them already received theirs and another 2+ are seriously considering a purchase. Gosh, I should earn a commission from Robertb Please you should at least keep it at the same price point, as the new prs-300 from Sony is looking quite cute... I had to convince a few that without external storage the prs-300 is not as great as the Pocket Pro.

I do wish, thou, that the supplied cover for Pocket Pro could come with a small built-in side pocket -- that would've been very handy.

Last edited by deltame; 10-02-2009 at 09:53 PM.
deltame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltame View Post
I do wish, thou, that the supplied cover for Pocket Pro could come with a small built-in side pocket -- that would've been very handy.
But the PEZ already has folder support!
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
I have recommended the Pocket Pro to a number of my coworkers - 2 of them already received theirs and another 2+ are seriously considering a purchase. Gosh, I should earn a commission from Robertb Please you should at least keep it at the same price point, as the new prs-300 from Sony is looking quite cute... I had to convince a few that without external storage the prs-300 is not as great as the Pocket Pro.

The Sony is actually more than the Pocket Pro, because you have to buy a case (supplied with the Pocket Pro), and it does not come with an external charger (supplied with the Pocket Pro).
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
But the PEZ already has folder support!
Does it support the folders* from my local supermarket?

* also called leaflet in English
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Does it support the folders* from my local supermarket?

* also called leaflet in English
[Engaging RobertB Mode]

The current model doesn't. But the next model, the PEZ Magnum will support folders, leaflets, and paper mache. The screen is about the size of a stick of bubbble gum, but when chewed, can be blown to expand to a 4-ft screen. It's due for release in Q5 of 2058
Old 10-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #11
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Quote:
Dear All:

We had planned to up the price on September 31. However, we have started to see a great flow of orders and we are starting to do some advertising on FaceBook.

I cannot give any idea when the sale price will end. For right now, however, we are staying at $199 on our website: www.theEZreader.com
It's all very nice, but it is kind of hard to order when it is displayed as out of stock. If this is accidentally displayed so on the international order page, then please get this corrected.

Btw, please stick to the notion that you can only raise the price back up on a Sep. 31st :-)

Best regards,

Robert
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same idea!!

Quote:

Dear deltame:

Yes, I agree. I was thinking the same way. A small pouch or pocket to hold extra SD cards and the screwdriver might be nice. However, anything in a pouch opposite the screen could impact the screen. I think it was Kindle that just got sued over having a custom case that actually enabled the screen to break. I am NOT saying anything bad about the Kindle here... just stating what I think I remember reading.

I will research this... but I am concerned that impact on the screen might be the result of such a pocket. Maybe the pocket could go on the back of the case!?
Old 10-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
Robertb

Announcing the Pocket Griffonwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
[Engaging RobertB Mode]

The current model doesn't. But the next model, the PEZ Magnum will support folders, leaflets, and paper mache. The screen is about the size of a stick of bubbble gum, but when chewed, can be blown to expand to a 4-ft screen. It's due for release in Q5 of 2058
Smaller, lighter, and obscenely fast... the new Pocket Griffonwing is made of paper mache and has the famous "Bubble Yum Gum" screen. Fast? If you drive 200 mph it will turn pages in milliseconds. Made in Arkansas by a team of trained parrots and a pirate that has a motorized toilet to run around on. Griffie is now taking orders!!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #14
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Quote:
Griffie is now taking orders!!
Arrrg! I takes orders from no-one, damn ye!!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:55 PM   #15
Robertb

As soon as the second shipemnt fully arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvarga View Post
It's all very nice, but it is kind of hard to order when it is displayed as out of stock. If this is accidentally displayed so on the international order page, then please get this corrected.

Btw, please stick to the notion that you can only raise the price back up on a Sep. 31st :-)

Best regards,

Robert
Dear Rob:

We are just waiting for the shipment to be delivered. It is now due.

Once we actually have the shipment in all six colours it will go up on both websites for both North American and International ordering in all six colors.

All I am allowed to say is the price is staying $199 for now on our websites. We are talking with BoB now on our price to them. We are trying to move product. Right now orders are UP... but IF we are to keep the low price we have to have a reason to order bigger quantities. That is the chicken and egg thing: you need a low price to sell more... but you need to sell more to keep the lower price.