Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Asus EeePC
STREET & CLAIRVOYANCE by Ryan A. Span

[UPDATE] The second book of the trilogy, CLAIRVOYANCE, is now released in print and on Smashwords! Check out the website for further information.

The STREET trilogy is a series of razor-sharp modern cyberpunk novels, available to read for free online or to buy in print/Kindle from Gryphonwood Press.

The books follow Gina, a single woman living out her days as a member of the future underclass, people desperate enough to rent out their minds as freelance telepaths by using a dangerous drug that invariably drives its users insane.

Find the story and more info at:

http://www.streetofeyes.com

Regards,
Ryan

Last edited by Winter; 09-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
_windy
Frances
_windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Nice to see you here, Ryan!

- Frances (thelighthouse in WFG forums)
_windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
The STREET trilogy is a series of razor-sharp modern cyberpunk novels, available to read for free online or to buy in print/Kindle from Gryphonwood Press.

The books follow Gina, a single woman living out her days as a member of the future underclass, people desperate enough to rent out their minds as freelance telepaths by using a dangerous drug that invariably drives its users insane.

Find the story and more info at:

http://www.streetofeyes.com

Regards,
Ryan
Damn I keep missing posts Welcome, Ryan to the Writers' Corner of MR. Let me be the...second to say hello and we're glad to have you here and glad that you're offering us a chance to read your fiction.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _windy View Post

What is WFG? I am curious
Old 08-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
31 separate A4-sized PDFs to download. Sigh. The end of book 2 seems to be in 6 separate blog updates, not yet combined into PDFs.

I wonder if the future of free, promo ebooks will be "the free version is badly-formatted and difficult to transfer to your ebook reader, but the paid version works nicely." Kind of like offering 3rd generation mimeo copies for free, or they could buy the bound hardcover book.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
_windy
Frances
_windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures._windy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
What is WFG? I am curious
WFG is short for The Web Fiction Guide, another place to find serial fiction and ebooks!

http://webfictionguide.com/

Here's Street's listing: http://webfictionguide.com/listings/street/

... and okay, can't help it, mine too (sorry Ryan!): http://webfictionguide.com/listings/...se-chronicles/
_windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
Winter
Enthusiast
Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Winter writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _windy View Post

Hi Frances, good to see you.

Moejoe: You're more than welcome. You need more stories, I need more readers, everybody wins, right? . . . Right? :P

Elfwreck: New PDFs are uploaded occasionally, they're a bit of a hassle so I don't do them that often. I think the e-book versions we offer through Kindle and Smashwords are a bloody bargain at the prices they are, though.

WFG is a cool place, lots of writers hang out there, but never enough readers. STREET's got a lot of good reviews there though.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Hi Frances, good to see you.

Moejoe: You're more than welcome. You need more stories, I need more readers, everybody wins, right? . . . Right? :P

Elfwreck: New PDFs are uploaded occasionally, they're a bit of a hassle so I don't do them that often. I think the e-book versions we offer through Kindle and Smashwords are a bloody bargain at the prices they are, though.

WFG is a cool place, lots of writers hang out there, but never enough readers. STREET's got a lot of good reviews there though.

Regards,
Ryan
You're right, writers need readers, the problem is how do we get them when we don't have big marketing budgets or the brick and mortar distribution of the trad publishers? I'd like to see more writers banding together to create their own publishing imprints and using the Baen model of distribution. Of course, it's still a David vs Goliath thing, then again I've always liked slingshots
Old 08-13-2009, 01:44 AM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
The Smashwords version is indeed a good price ($2) and I believe I'll pick it up tomorrow when I'm not trying to sort out payment options over a dialup connection.

I am amused that the Kindle version costs more than the Smashwords version, which is available in 10 DRM-free formats.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #10
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur
Alan Baxter doesn't litterAlan Baxter doesn't litter

Device: Laptop for now, iPhone soon.
Ha, hi Ryan! Isn't it strange where paths cross!
Alan Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
Ha, hi Ryan! Isn't it strange where paths cross!
*chuckle* One of these days, I'm going to reach my goal of being the writing world's Kevin Bacon in the game of Seven Degrees of Separation... except it'll be Two Degrees of Separation
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #12
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Yeah, but don;t be Kevin Bacon. He's weird.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:41 AM   #13
Winter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
The Smashwords version is indeed a good price ($2) and I believe I'll pick it up tomorrow when I'm not trying to sort out payment options over a dialup connection.

I am amused that the Kindle version costs more than the Smashwords version, which is available in 10 DRM-free formats.
That's because Amazon puts a big fat markup on Kindle versions. We may reduce or remove the difference at some point, but honestly? Smashwords is better.

Moejoe: I've got a publisher I'm quite happy with, and a deep suspicion of the do-it-yourself economy in writing. It'd probably be possible to make it work commercially, though -- imagine a network of online authors supporting a small publisher, and the publisher giving them special opportunities to get their work in print professionally without paying through the nose for it. Stuff like that.

Alan: Well well, Mr. Baxter! Good to see you, mate. How's tricks?

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #14
Alan Baxter
Connoisseur

Not too bad thanks. You say: "the publisher giving them special opportunities to get their work in print professionally without paying through the nose for it"

That's exactly why I set up Blade Red Press.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #15
Winter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
Not too bad thanks. You say: "the publisher giving them special opportunities to get their work in print professionally without paying through the nose for it"

That's exactly why I set up Blade Red Press.

Nice one. Wish I had something to submit to you!

Regards,
Ryan