Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
PRS-700 Test, Volunteers?

I'm starting to lean toward the PRS-700. I wanted something that was able to store tasks and contacts, but I may just have that as flowing text files on whatever ebook reader. The only other thing I'd be looking for is good PDF support.

The Kindle DX seems the most optimal and one of the most premium price tags. I don't need PDF support for any and every kind of structure but mainly for the ones attached. I'm a filmmaker and this would be great for all of my film documents.

Contacts, tasks, shot lists, breakdown, scripts and other film docs all localized on a device like this. Then the occasional novel. I'd have exactly what I need.

So where do PRS-700 users come in? I'm requesting that if someone could possibly download the two attached documents below and tell me how true to the original formatting they remain? You'd have to view these PDFs on your computer first and then compare on your 700. If yo could take a photo then that'd be great too!

Hope this is not too much of a nuisance. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CCH-SGSPT-A01S01-ALL.pdf (7.8 KB, 456 views)
File Type: pdf CCH-SGBRK-A01S01-D1&2o2-ALL.pdf (72.0 KB, 306 views)
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Hi KindleKid, what's up?
I have given your pdfs a go in my PRS-700 and I have to tell you that it probably won't cut it for you. Though both look decent enough in the smallest size they are quite unreadable unless you wish to improve your eyesight to that of a hawk.

If one increases the font size the text is readable while the format is lost on the script. The other file is an image pdf (not true text) so I can't increase the font size but I can zoom on it.

For this kind of reading I suggest the DX, mostly because PDF reflow works better when the format isn't as critical as it is here.

Cheers!
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Yeah, I figured the DX was the way to go but I was hoping that I could find something cheaper.:-( Thanks the help! I appreciate you taking the time to check!
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
No worries

A shame the 700 isn't for you. Good luck with your Kindle!
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote