Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
dwbryant2000
Enthusiast
dwbryant2000 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Gen 3, BEBOOK, ILIAD BOOK READER
Story Import and loss of Format

I have been trying to import .doc files to Mobipocket creator and am losing all format from the original when conversion takes place. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? David
dwbryant2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbryant2000 View Post
I have been trying to import .doc files to Mobipocket creator and am losing all format from the original when conversion takes place. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? David
I don't know why it would make a difference, but I start with RTFs, not DOCs, although they both require Word when converting with Creator.

And there is some formatting that isn't kept - like when I indent the margins on quoted material for example. That's something I've noticed just isn't kept in Mobipocket. But I haven't had any problems with losing my bold or italics.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

What are the format's you are loosing?
Or better, what you intend and what are you getting?

I have found that I get more formatting passing to the Mobipocket file if I export it in word to html - if the file has images, take care to make word put those under a folder when saving or Mobipocket Creator will not see them when importing the html.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote