Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #31
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Just got back from trip, so downloaded the bunch (I guess it's closing today), but actually am wondering if somebody has one or two favorites to recommend from this batch? Thanks!
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #32
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Old Man's War and Four and Twenty Blackbirds
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #33
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzpilman View Post
So is there any downside to downloading in .prc instead of html for converting to lrf ?
None that as a matter of fact it does a better job than straight HTML. As a matter of fact it is my preferred method of conversion. Calibe had some issues with MOBI but it seems to do a fantastic job in the most current version.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 AM   #34
IanHelgesen
IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.IanHelgesen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex Iliad
I've only gotten through about half of them, but my recommendations so far:

Old Man's War: Military-scifi. Fairly quick read and quite entertaining.

Mistborn: Relatively standard dark high-fantasy, but very well done.

A Shadow in Summer: Fantasy world-building with some strong eastern influences. Fairly dense and slow-paced, but creates an interesting and detailed setting.

Sun of suns: I haven't finished this one yet, but it seems worth a mention. Sort of steampunkish world building.
IanHelgesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #35
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I have to add Mistborn to my previous recommendations. I just started it and am already halfway through and absolutely love it. Interesting system of magic for sure. Too bad the 2nd book isn't available in ebook form.. really, too bad.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #36
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
I loved Farthing by Jo Walton, although it's much less fantasy/science fiction and more of a detective novel set in an alternate history.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I ditto on "Four and Twenty Blackbirds". I'm reading "Soul" now and I'm not sure about it yet.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #38
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the recommendations, folks. Gives me a couple to start with.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #39
Be Szpilman
Fetch that LRF
Be Szpilman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHelgesen View Post
A Shadow in Summer: Fantasy world-building with some strong eastern influences. Fairly dense and slow-paced, but creates an interesting and detailed setting.
Oh, I love the sound of it! So fitting to my current 'playlist'.

As to which format to download, I guess getting mobi is the best choice then as you guys pointed out. Thanks for the tip!

And for the recommendations
Be Szpilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Three Shadows by Cyril Pedrosa
PDF || ePub
Awesome thanks! Is there a tool to convert the ePub to Mobi for OS x? (Other than mobipocket software which doesn't run on my Mac?)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #41
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Raising this thread from the dead...

So, I have all these books from last July in PDF format. However, now that I have my Kindle, MOBI format would be nice... but I'd rather have the originals, rather than having to convert PDFs. I'm not advocating any piracy here but if anyone happens to have a zip or torrent or something of all the books in MOBI format?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #42
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Most of them are still at Fictionwise for less than $1.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #43
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post

So, I have all these books from last July in PDF format. However, now that I have my Kindle, MOBI format would be nice... but I'd rather have the originals, rather than having to convert PDFs. I'm not advocating any piracy here but if anyone happens to have a zip or torrent or something of all the books in MOBI format?
Ah - the importance of grabbing all the formats while the grabbing is good :-)

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #44
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ah - the importance of grabbing all the formats while the grabbing is good :-)

Paul
It's my bad; I really didn't think about it at the time. And at first a few of the books were only in PDF format anyway.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post

Why oh why did you not download the HTML and Mobi along with the PDF?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!