Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #106
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And for the Roboto modified, could you please make it a little smaller (so 12pt is 9 pt)? There is a wicked size jump on my Kobo Glo, and I'm hoping that shifting the size would help.
Yes, I could do that but it would be wise to start out with the original font and go from there, both in scaling and adding weight. That takes a bit of trial and to and fro and I don't want to pollute this thread with lots of trial zips. So I suggest you PM me and we can work it out one on one (and post the final result here, if wanted).
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #107
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
(and post the final result here, if wanted).
Yes please
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #108
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
Yes, I could do that but it would be wise to start out with the original font and go from there, both in scaling and adding weight. That takes a bit of trial and to and fro and I don't want to pollute this thread with lots of trial zips. So I suggest you PM me and we can work it out one on one (and post the final result here, if wanted).
PM sent.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #109
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
For anyone looking for a weightier version of a font similar to Fontin Serif you could also try out the doctored version of FertigoPro in the Kindle Touch wiki. The full set of 4 files (reg, it, bold, boldit) is included, but you will need to Kobo-ify the filenames before using.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #110
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Hi Bartveld,
Thanks for posting the edited Fontin Serif. Sorry that I haven't got back to you sooner, nut my medical condition means that I get really sore eyes from time to time, which means I cannot see. I'm ok now and love the font. Many thanks.
Jackie_w - I did not take to the Fertigo Pro Serif, mainly because of all the fancy f's, but thanks for the tip anyway.
Polly7
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #111
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly7 View Post
Hi Bartveld,
Thanks for posting the edited Fontin Serif. Sorry that I haven't got back to you sooner, nut my medical condition means that I get really sore eyes from time to time, which means I cannot see. I'm ok now and love the font. Many thanks.
Jackie_w - I did not take to the Fertigo Pro Serif, mainly because of all the fancy f's, but thanks for the tip anyway.
Polly7
Glad to help. Good to hear you're OK again.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #112
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Bartveld,
The edited Fontin looks amazing. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between your modified version and Fontin Sans, but I can. Thank-you very much for your kind help. One another note, what does everyone make of Droid Serif? I'm in two minds about it. Also, can anyone tell me where I can find a good Minion font, as the one provided with the K3 fonts package is too heavy for my K4B. It only needs to be slightly lighter or else it will be illegible. I was wondering if anyone can help?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #113
bartveld
Evangelist

Quote:
Also, can anyone tell me where I can find a good Minion font, as the one provided with the K3 fonts package is too heavy for my K4B. It only needs to be slightly lighter or else it will be illegible. I was wondering if anyone can help?
Well, Polly7, seems like you're all of a sudden shy to ask! If I can make a font heavier, I suppose I can also make it lighter. Tell me where I can find it (still being lazy).
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #114
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover

Bartveld,
You can find the Minion font on the list of fonts for K3 link YOU provided in this very thread. As I said, it only needs to be a little bit lighter or it won't show up too well on my Kindle4B. I was asking for anyone else's help because I dod not want to be too demanding, but I am very glad you still want to help!!
Pollly7
Old 01-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #115
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover

To Bartveld,
The modified Fontin font you posted seems to have a problem on my Kindle4B. It makes the chapter headings split, and they show up really weird on the screen, with one half of the chapter heading on one page, and the rest on the next page with a big black line running from the second part of the title up the screen. I don't know what to do. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
Polly7
Old 01-26-2013, 05:26 AM   #116
bartveld
Evangelist

Quote:
To Bartveld,
The modified Fontin font you posted seems to have a problem on my Kindle4B. It makes the chapter headings split, and they show up really weird on the screen, with one half of the chapter heading on one page, and the rest on the next page with a big black line running from the second part of the title up the screen. I don't know what to do. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
Polly7
Oops. You being here in a Kobo thread made me overlook the fact that you are reading on a Kindle. It's been a while since I have used one. I had it jailbroken and put on my favorite font, but the hassle (and a few other gripes) made me change to Kobo. To tell you the truth I'm not at all sure what the problem may be and I can't reproduce it since I don't have a Kindle anymore. I do know, though, that the font works well on Kobo, so it must somehow be Kindle-related.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:40 AM   #117
bartveld
Evangelist

@Polly7: Looking through this thread again I found this. It's incredible how often the wheel is reinvented. Anyway, you're not the first person to have trouble with Fontin and you might follow the suggestion to use the original Bold and BoldItalic.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #118
bartveld
Evangelist

Looking further: see this. Maybe Shellshock will post his final version for you.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #119
bartveld
Evangelist

And finally: MinionPro a bit thinner.

Last edited by HarryT; 04-30-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #120
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover

Hi Shellshock,
Please could you post your final edited Fontin here, as I had exactly the same problem as you and know how annoying it is.
Polly7