Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Problems with Sony SW load ebooks to reader

Just had some interesting problems with the Sony SW trying to load ebooks to my reader. First it quit recognizing the memory card. Then wouldn't even load to the reader's memory.

The reader was fine with ebooks on either the internal memory or the card. I also was able to use LIBPRS500 to load ebooks to either internal or the card.

Haven't tried to reload the Sony SW yet. That might fix the problem. Anyone else have a similar problem.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I found the perfect solution: I quit using the Sony SW to load to the Reader. I use it to see how LRF files look, and whenever I'm going to connect the Reader, I close the software and just use file folders.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
I found the perfect solution: I quit using the Sony SW to load to the Reader. I use it to see how LRF files look, and whenever I'm going to connect the Reader, I close the software and just use file folders.
Perfect for a PRS505 owner - perhaps not for a PRS500 owner. The firmware on a 500 doesn't mount as a filesystem on those. However, you could try the card in a memory card reader/writer - they can be obtained inexpensively from a computer store. Sony maybe should consider this as a further addition for a firmware upgrade for the 500. Make them the same firmware-wise, Sony - that way consumers don't get confused for now (assuming of course the "next big thing" is up your sleeves - my vote is for a colour eBook reader).
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote