Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
shakaote
shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.shakaote knows what's going on.

Device: kindle touch
kindle touch selection code

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'd like to try to get a few things to work on my kindle touch. I'm willing to decompile java, play with javascript, etc. If anyone can give me a head start as to where to find the relevant code, I'd be grateful.

1) Open an ebook's language's dictionary even if an entry isn't found. It takes a lot of surfing to get to your, say, ancient greek dictionary even if a word isn't found.

2) The default "single click" selection for many languages isn't really a good selection (chinese, japanese, etc.). I'd like to hook the dialog with the "translate" button up to the dictionary lookup.

3) Get chinese dictionaries to work. I can make mobi dictionaries, and they work, but not for chinese. Long shot?

The first two don't seem like huge stretches. But I don't know. Maybe 5.1.1 will magically solve them? Wish wish wish?
shakaote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Read this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175512

It probably has what you need to get started.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert