Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Edit metadata window changed in 8.41?

I bought a new laptop and installed calibre 8.41

The edit metadata (individually) seems much different. The cover is at the bottom right instead of top left and I no longer have the custom metadata on the same tab (which is really convenient).

Is this a calibre change or is it that the laptop resolution is lower than my desktop and old laptop?

I did copy my configuration directory to the new laptop from the desktop.

Nothing I won't survive, but really like not having to use tab for custom column metadata.

Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I bought a new laptop and installed calibre 8.41

The edit metadata (individually) seems much different. The cover is at the bottom right instead of top left and I no longer have the custom metadata on the same tab (which is really convenient).

Is this a calibre change or is it that the laptop resolution is lower than my desktop and old laptop?

I did copy my configuration directory to the new laptop from the desktop.

Nothing I won't survive, but really like not having to use tab for custom column metadata.

Thanks
Helen
here is a Preference that affects this:
I use the Single view (It is still 3 tabs in Bulk mode)
Preferences: Behavior: Edit Metadata:

Last edited by theducks; 03-08-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Preference, not a tweak
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks
I looked and looked and couldn't find it.
Helen
Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Great! I didn't know there has been / is an option like that, and I hate using tabs to add just one more info. Still, with just one kind of custom metadata this view seems like quite a waste of the screen space.

It would be nice to introduce an option to put the custom metadata right under default ones if there aren't more than 3-4 of them. What do you think about it?
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard

I have 7 so it looks pretty good.
I wish there was a way to save,then convert from this screen but then there is always something.
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have 7 so it looks pretty good.
I wish there was a way to save,then convert from this screen but then there is always something.
'Save'! As in Save to Disk?
Or simply save the edit? That one is there. It happens if you use the 'Previous' or 'Next' buttons.
Things get confusing/weird if you use the Download Metadata and make it to the Download cover screen phase: There is now the 'Back' button (does not appear on a simple 'Download Cover'), 'Cancel' button and the 'OK' button.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard

Yes I meant save and convert
Old 03-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Yes I meant save and convert
Not that I know of.
FWIW I added the Last_Modified column to the spreadsheet (Library view).
Sorting (decending) on that floats these to the top of the list
I also formatted (Tweaked) the:gui_last_modified_display_format = 'dd MMM yyyy hh'
to show the Hour it was done (makes bulk convert candidates easier to identify)
Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard

Would be nice because then you could do most things from this screen.

Still I am always stumbling on a new great feature in calibre and I have been using it awhile. Today I noticed for the first time that you can have a TOC window in the viewer. How cool is that

Helen
Old 03-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Great! I didn't know there has been / is an option like that, and I hate using tabs to add just one more info. Still, with just one kind of custom metadata this view seems like quite a waste of the screen space.

It would be nice to introduce an option to put the custom metadata right under default ones if there aren't more than 3-4 of them. What do you think about it?
LOL
Me too, Had no idea such a option existed, and I was actually going to suggest it as I hated going to a separate tab all the time to input my custom data.

All on one tab - is a great find - thanks.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote