Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
Clip-on speakers?

Any tips as to good small external speakers to make the Fire louder but still somewhat portable and battery operated?

I figured there would be a selection for the PlayBook or Nook Color, but neither Blackberry's nor B&N's accessory stores has anything like that.

Thanks
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Shame it doesn't have Bluetooth. I love my Jambox - it would have been the perfect speaker. Could still use it with a patch cable, but lose the wireless advantage.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCat View Post
Any tips as to good small external speakers to make the Fire louder but still somewhat portable and battery operated?

I figured there would be a selection for the PlayBook or Nook Color, but neither Blackberry's nor B&N's accessory stores has anything like that.

Thanks
Look for mp3 player speakers. Those should work I would think. I use one for my Sansa clip+. I haven't tried it on the Fire but I bet it would work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:

Thanks
iHome makes some small round portable ones.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
Shame it doesn't have Bluetooth. I love my Jambox - it would have been the perfect speaker. Could still use it with a patch cable, but lose the wireless advantage.
I wish it had bluetooth to. Have a nice set of Motorola bluetooth headphones that would've been nice to be able to use with the Fire.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
I picked up a rechargeable speaker for my sansa fuze. It lasts 8-10 hours on a charge and sounds pretty good for being a small speaker.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Brookstone has one that runs on 3 AAA batteries. I like the sound of this speaker better that the little rechargeable one, it's just bigger.

http://www.brookstone.com/ultra-thin...643411p&catId=
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote