Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #31
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
So I just had the random flipping pages and screen freeze again. I wonder if it is a memory cache issue? I had weird behavior at around page 60 of my book and now again at page 120-ish.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #32
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
With all this weird stuff... after it stops or after a reboot, is there any chance of it actually remembering the last page?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #33
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
With all this weird stuff... after it stops or after a reboot, is there any chance of it actually remembering the last page?
it has a couple times with me...bought 30 minutes ago i got the force close error and it didn't remember the page that time.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #34
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
It remembers the last page where you hit one of the buttons like back or home to stop it.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #35
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

i'll just try and use the left/right buttons at the bottom for now...not sure sending it back will give me a better model since the problem seems pretty widespread.

Bah, application Reader has stopped...no rhyme or reason, had nothing to do with the dictionary just crashed, again. When it crashes like that it keeps rolling back to page 77.

Last edited by krighton; 10-10-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #36
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I don't have a T-1, but when the 505 came out there were a slew of problems new users had, it turned out with that unit 99% of the trouble was not giving the device a full battery charge prior to use.

Good Luck All.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #37
CedroRosso
Enthusiast
CedroRosso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Same problem happened to me today, the device starts flipping rapidly through pages and then the touchscreen becomes completely unresponsive. You can get to a shutdown screen with buttoms, but not past the final confirmation which requires a touch. Have to push the reset button after a few minutes, then hold down power button. Asked my girl and she said that it has done so two or three times to her already. Damn it! Calling the SONY store tomorrow.

Last edited by CedroRosso; 10-11-2011 at 03:38 AM.
CedroRosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #38
krighton
Addict

i may call them this morning...the crashing is very annoying and kind of kills the whole 'losing yourself in a book' thing.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #39
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Wellllll, Sony is at it again. I am on the phone with them right.....now. Annnnnddd, ok, I'll stop that, LOL.

They are giving me the run around. First he asked did the pages flip while reading a Sony purchased book. I say no, I was reading a book already on the reader, the first time. The second time, it was a Sony purchased book. The third time, it was a book from elsewhere still in the acceptable format.

By his questioning, I believe they will first try to say it has to be a Sony purchased book or else the problem is with the book from elsewhere causing the problem.

I am greatly annoyed at the suggestions these people are told to me. He keeps telling me that they, Sony, has not received ANY complaints in regards to the unexpected page turns, nor about the touch application "freezing" or plain ole' not working.

T1 is closer to heading back to Target, which by the way has a 90 day return policy.

I know I am rambling, but, I get seriously P O'd when I have to deal with Sony Customer Service.

I'll repost after this call.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #40
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Okay, this Jonathan, Sony Customer Service Rep, is REALLYY getting personal here. He tells me he thinks I just don't like the product. I had to correct him and advise him how many Sony readers I currently own, and how many I have bought as gifts.

After I stopped him being angry and reminded him IIII should be angry after spending my money on Sony's product, where Sony can't seem to answer the questions about the unit or fix the problem, without getting personal with CUSTOMERS, he made a suggestion to do a hard reset, which would erase everything from the unit. I told him I already had, and no joy..the problem was not fixed.

Then he wanted to know the color....of the...unit? Why? Arrrgggh.

No solutions were given from Sony, who is about to suggest I send the unit to them. NOT. I will take it back to Target and wait it out.

Obviously I don't want to give up on this thing, but, I'm already 60% there.

Last edited by twinszz; 10-11-2011 at 11:08 AM.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #41
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinszz View Post
Okay, this Jonathan, Sony Customer Service Rep, is REALLYY getting personal here. He tells me he thinks I just don't like the product. I had to correct him and advise him how many Sony readers I currently own, and how many I have bought as gifts.

After I stopped him being angry and reminded him IIII should be angry after spending my money on Sony's product, where Sony can't seem to answer the questions about the unit or fix the problem, without getting personal with CUSTOMERS, he made a suggestion to do a hard reset, which would erase everything from the unit. I told him I already had, and no joy..the problem was not fixed.

Then he wanted to know the color....of the...unit? Why? Arrrgggh.

No solutions were given from Sony, who is about to suggest I send the unit to them. NOT. I will take it back to Target and wait it out.

Obviously I don't want to give up on this thing, but, I'm already 60% there.
This guy seems rather obnoxious. All of the support staff I talked to were wonderful. I think Jonathan should be reported to Sony headquarters.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #42
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't have a T-1, but when the 505 came out there were a slew of problems new users had, it turned out with that unit 99% of the trouble was not giving the device a full battery charge prior to use.

Good Luck All.
That is the first thing Support asked me when I first talked with them. Mine had been on full charge. I fully charged the second one too. All e-readers should be fully charged when first used.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:49 AM   #43
Intelligencer
Intelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to beholdIntelligencer is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo, Sony, Kindle, iPad
This happened to me today also.

Its definitely an Android OS or firmware problem.

Australian Sony are abysmal and don't believe in this as an issue unless it is a "known issue" on their website. How on earth do known issues become known?

The idiocy was to the point it has virtually turned me off Sony products yet again despite my positive experience with my 650 and 350 by and large.
Intelligencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #44
malifact
malifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheesemalifact can extract oil from cheese

Device: None
My PRS-T1 was delivered yesterday and I've had to reset it five times due to the page turning/screen freezing problem. The first time it happened was within an hour after giving it a full charge and I was viewing the onboard User Guide. I called Sony today and after speaking to four different people I was offered a replacement. This is in the UK by the way and Sony seem clueless about this bug/fault.
malifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #45
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I guess we all need to keep calling about the issue, maybe they will get it.

Had the page turning issue again. Went to home screen, buttons worked but touch did not. Waited a minute or two, and touch screen started being responsive again, and everything was working fine.
log is offline   Reply With Quote